Charger Forums banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I finaly instal a ASM supercharge on my Dodge charger SRT8 2006.
It work perfectely, you can see the dyno and some track slip from the drag on my web site, it slide a lot whit no slick or glue, it vevy powerfull.

462 whp= 553 hp

average 117MPH and 12.50 on quart mille
whit slick I thing I will save another second

www.danielforand.com

·
Registered
4,594 Posts
Um, it's in French.....

·
Registered
1,879 Posts
Wow. French Canadian SPAM.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Um, it's in French.....
Sory I was born like this, but I have a SRT8 supercharged (joking),
I will try to stranslate when I will have time, but if you have any question, I can answer in english with some error.

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
As friend Borat say:

FRENCH IS

·
Registered
4,594 Posts
No problems with francais du Quebec, just kinda hard to understand for an ugly Amercian like me!

·
Registered
170 Posts
What are you running for PSI?

The dyno numbers (and your 60' times) make it look like the power band comes on late, almost like a turbo.

Do you have a torque converter, if not I'd be looking for one of those before I did any other mod, well I guess if it was me I'd be looking for new half shafts too with that kind of power!!

Did you do the work yourself? That is a big box of goodies to work thru!!

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

The dyno numbers (and your 60' times) make it look like the power band comes on late, almost like a turbo.

Do you have a torque converter, if not I'd be looking for one of those before I did any other mod, well I guess if it was me I'd be looking for new half shafts too with that kind of power!!

Did you do the work yourself? That is a big box of goodies to work thru!!
Hi EPfatboy, The PSI is only 6, it wont damage the motor, more than that it is risked, I w'll have to reenforce the motor.

On the dyno the reaction is so fast that the weels slide on beganing,
I have the stock torque converter,
Yes I did almost all the job, I have learn mechanic at school and I choose ASM it cost more but it won't damage the motor.

·
Registered
2,185 Posts
Very nice to see someone run this kit. Keep us informed on how it performs as you get more time at the track.

·
Registered
1,045 Posts

It is a belt driven turbo basically. If you build a motor with enough mechnical lower end torque, you tune to using a Paxton/Vortech/ProCharger for the high end HP runs, this way your just not spinng your tires for the instanat hit something like a roots blower will give you.

Take care

-Robert

·
Registered
831 Posts
Any Videos? It looks badazz

·
Registered
110 Posts
Nice......thanks for the woodie. Now I gota go take a cold shower.

·
Registered
10,177 Posts
But it is hard to beat that push in the back at low RPM that a roots give you

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Any Videos? It looks badazz
No I di't not took a video but if I do again I will try.
I have a Zoomer the sound and the power was amaizing and people over their was impress.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Very nice to see someone run this kit. Keep us informed on how it performs as you get more time at the track.
I went to the track the 02 sept, and I did;

1 run 12.36 120.07

2 run 12.30 120.40

3 run 12.38 121.10 no slicks

·
Registered
676 Posts
Loving it.....please keep us updated. So much to learn from your setup, will be interesting to see how it goes. Wish you the best of luck and hope you can find a great tire place, you're going to need one :)

·
Banned
8,603 Posts
Welcome to the forum...keep us informed about this SC..and dont worry about your english....dang yankees cant understand my appalachian english either...

1 - 20 of 34 Posts