Charger Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After waiting for more than a month for my Black R/T with the Road/Track Performance Package to be built, I decided to wait no longer once I located the exact car in dealer inventory (at Ganley Dodge West, in Cleveland, OH). Actually, I located the car after someone on this site posted an ebay listing for a Silver Steel R/T with the Road/Track Package (It's still there as of the date of this post). After reviewing that add, I decided to call the salesmen listed, mainly to discuss the car listed. As it turns out, the dealer is one of several owned by a single company, and they just received several R/Ts with the Road and Track Performance package, including 2 black ones (well, now one black one). The buying experience was absolutey outstanding, and there were no surprises. I was in and out of the dealership in under an hour. My salesman, Jeff, was a master at providing a concise, yet thorough, product description. I bought the car for $500 below invoce, and also received the $500 rebate. If you want a great deal, talk to Jeff and/or Andy.

After picking up the car, I faced the rare opportunity of being able to drive a brand new car 300 miles south to where I live. And what a ride it was! As you may know, or probably suspect, these cars are truly phenominal. They are as solid as a rock, and are built like a tank. There was not a single rattle, squeek or hiccup the entire 300 miles. The interior of the car is as quiet as a tomb on the highway, with very little wind noise. Initially, I was concerned that the Road/Track Package would result in a loud and/or harsh ride on the freeway, but it most certainly does not. Quite the contrary, it is quiet, smooth and very comfortable. For those expecting (or wanting) a loud exhaust, you may be disappointed. In fact, the exhaust is nowhere near as loud as the 2002 Camaro Z28 that I just sold (a good thing). This vehicle is more like a Mercedes in terms of refinement and quality. The difference between the R/T and my late model Camaro is night and day in terms of quality. (Camaro = noisy & harsh, shake, rattle & roll vs. R/T = comfortable, quiet and tight).

As for the interior, it is truly outstanding. The seats in the Raod and Track package are great. My only complaint is that, after 5 hours of driving, I began to feel the side bolsters pressing on my thighs. (I am not a large person, and I only weigh 185 lbs, so I would prefer the bolsters on the lower portion of the seat to be less severe). The seat back does not have this problem, and is very comfortable, with appropriate lumbar support. The suede insert is nice, because it prevents you from sliding in turns. Even with the problem mentioned, the Road and Track seats are the way to go, and appear to be of superb quality, although I am not sure they are real leather.

In any event, I am very happy with the purchase!!! :happy:

·
Registered
369 Posts
congrats man! I have about another month before I see mine. I hope only a month.My estimated ship date is sept 1.But some guys I have spoke to,say that usually means it's the actual build date....I wish I could find the exact one I'm looking for so I don't have to wait....again, congrats and enjoy!

·
Registered
322 Posts
Welcome - Penroof28,

It sounds like you got a very good price. It's too late for me, I already bought a "SE" model - But, if I had seen all of the Great offers "floating" around, I may have gone for the R/T (I held back on getting one, because I was very restrictive with the dollar range that I wanted to put down -and because my mortgage payments are more important).

Anyhow, good luck with your new Charger - it seems as though your experience with the car, thus far, has been as good as the rest of us.

Brian T.

·
Registered
1,869 Posts
Congrats...Good luck with it and like we tell everyone else...Drive it like you stole it.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks guys! One thing I didn't mention is that the "brilliant" black paint is not so, well, brilliant. Specifically, it does not shine as much as I had expected, and has more of a muted look. I think it has to do with the metallic aspect. However, I like it just the same. In any event, the quality of these cars is so much better than yesteryear!!

·
Registered
245 Posts
congrats man.... Took the words right out of my mouth. I have owned mine since 5/30 now has 3800 miles. As you will see the HEMI will losen up so to speak and performance will get even better. Enjoy I know I throughly enjoy mine. This is one of if not the best products Chrysler has ever built. And surprizeingly so I understand from reading differnt thing about the company(I have stock in DCX and it's doing well) that the Germans have little to do with the Chrysler AG they just brorwed a few ideas and from Mercedes and re engineered the ideas they claim that Mercedes parts are not directly used.??

·
Registered
45 Posts
Man that is outstanding! Congrats on the new rig.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Penroof28 said:
For those expecting (or wanting) a loud exhaust, you may be disappointed. In fact, the exhaust is nowhere near as loud as the 2002 Camaro Z28 that I just sold (a good thing).
The exhaust will sound better with time... :)

·
Registered
4 Posts
I'm in Los Angeles, and haven't seen anyother Chargers . What gives? I luv my wheels, it's powerful yet smooth, confortable yet sporty. Clients dig it so do many gals.

·
Premium Member
51 Posts
Dang, you are gonna miss out on that window sticker with your name on it. Maybe you
could still find out when it is going to be delievered, and have the dealer swap your
window sticker for the one with your name on it? I have mine framed on my wall. :D

geek.

·
Registered
608 Posts
Congrats pen, have fun with the new wheels :)

·
Registered
369 Posts
You know something,I can't wait either,so I'm getting Black instead of Silver. Should have it tomorrow!....now I hope I just keep it clean .

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Camaro,

Ganley Dodge still has a black R/T, with RT if you want it. Unfortunately, it is loaded with the rear dvd, and nav, which are options I did not want. But the price is right (below invoice) unless it's already sold. Take care!! :happy:

BillybobsR/T,

Congrats!! Where did you find it?

·
Registered
369 Posts
Well, I am not getting it after all. The dealer swapped it out before I got to it. Dang it, looks like I gotta wait again :asleep:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts