Charger Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is driving me crazy. We are now getting Chargers in 2 and 3 per week and I am still i D status. I dont know if I can wait until who knows for my Daytona. I know I am just venting and I am not the only one in this nice boat here, but man this sucks. I keep seeing these cars come in and then I ride in them and sell them to people who just woke up that day and said "hey lets go buy a Charger today" so they do and then they are enjoying their's now and I c]go home to wait some more. THIS SUCKS!!! Thanks for listening :happy:

·
Premium Member
7,632 Posts
I'll bet they're not waking up and saying, "I think I'll buy a Charger Daytona today" and just going out and getting one. I've been waiting on a Charger R/T, just the way I want it, since mid-May. It's not a Daytona but I just recently dropped the Protection Group option since DCX might not actually end up building it, or so it seems. As soon as I dropped the option, the order started moving. Have I seen a bunch of Chargers on dealer lots? You bet. Would I have been happy with any of them? Maybe, maybe not. I'd always be wishing I had this or that option that the dealer hadn't picked out for his inventory.

I'll bet you're going to be a LOT happier with your Daytona, just the way you want it, than a lot of impulse shoppers are with their purchases.

My $0.02. YMMV.

·
Registered
369 Posts
Hemibates, we ordered a Magnum R/T the same day we ordered my Charger R/T at my Dealership.The Magnum has been shipped already! and my Charger is still D-1 for almost 2 weeks now.I couldn't wait,I located another one from a nearby dealer and brought her home today....maybe you should too...LOL!

·
Registered
61 Posts
As Bluto (John Belushi) famously put it in Animal House...

"My advice to you is to start drinking heavily." :happy:

I'm also playing the waiting game, although I went for an R/T instead of the Daytona. My estimated ship date was scheduled to be today, and as far as I can tell I haven't even gone to D2 status yet. So I guess I have more waiting to do. Reading the posts of the guys who already got their Chargers and are loving them makes the wait that more difficult.

But hey, with every day that passes, that is one day closer we are to finally picking up our new chariots. Hang in there, man!

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
mnunes said:
I'll bet they're not waking up and saying, "I think I'll buy a Charger Daytona today" and just going out and getting one. I've been waiting on a Charger R/T, just the way I want it, since mid-May. It's not a Daytona but I just recently dropped the Protection Group option since DCX might not actually end up building it, or so it seems. As soon as I dropped the option, the order started moving. Have I seen a bunch of Chargers on dealer lots? You bet. Would I have been happy with any of them? Maybe, maybe not. I'd always be wishing I had this or that option that the dealer hadn't picked out for his inventory.

I'll bet you're going to be a LOT happier with your Daytona, just the way you want it, than a lot of impulse shoppers are with their purchases.

My $0.02. YMMV.
Maybe not all but taday it happened. Couple walk in and have been on vac. all week. Well just yesterday their a/c goes put in their 97 Bravada w/just over 100k on the clock. Well they have been looking at SUV all afternoon yesterday and thismorning. Well they come in looking at Durango's. So they pick one out they like drive it and as we come inside to write up the deal they see a Silver Steel R/T on the showroom floor. Well they love it but like red o.k. we just got one in yesterday and it has rear dvd, just what they want. Just over 1 hr later its going home w/ them and I am still waiting :cry: :sad: . But your right I would be much happier w/ the Daytona so hurry up and wait. :whistle:

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Billybobs R/T said:
Hemibates, we ordered a Magnum R/T the same day we ordered my Charger R/T at my Dealership.The Magnum has been shipped already! and my Charger is still D-1 for almost 2 weeks now.I couldn't wait,I located another one from a nearby dealer and brought her home today....maybe you should too...LOL!

Man I would but who would give up a Daytona for a dealertrade?? Not many I'm sure. But anyhow, Man congrats on your Charger (cough you suck cough) lol. Enjoy man!

·
Registered
6,117 Posts
keep waiting wimp...by the time you have your car i will be so far ahead in mods you will never catch up.....lol

you are gonna make it man....take a deep breath and relax!!!!!! lol

did i tell you my 1970 charger emblem came in and i installed that....getting cai when i get back from san anto. ....going to see about back surgery (that may suck man, wouldn't be able to drive my baby for awhile if they go through with it)....breath in - breath out

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
GoDaddy said:
keep waiting wimp...by the time you have your car i will be so far ahead in mods you will never catch up.....lol

you are gonna make it man....take a deep breath and relax!!!!!! lol

did i tell you my 1970 charger emblem came in and i installed that....getting cai when i get back from san anto. ....going to see about back surgery (that may suck man, wouldn't be able to drive my baby for awhile if they go through with it)....breath in - breath out

So what your saying is that you wil need someone experienced (such as myself) to properly mantain your ride for you?lol About you emblem, you that means you have to come by again dont you? So you are finalyy going to san an huh, me and the wife will be thinking about you man so let us know when you are going.

·
Registered
6,117 Posts
man i am going to get you fired if i keep coming by and disturbing the dealership troops....everyone will want to come out and look and see....lol i leave for san anton..on monday till wed. for a consultation....oh and i HAVE tickets for the nascar race in dallas on the 6th of nov. are ya jealous..huh huh are you jealous....man i am going to keep messing with you until you have your daytona. then you will be too cool to hang out with. i will stop by either end of week or early next week to show you the new emblem and bs about cars.....you see the new impala is going to have a v8 option????

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
GoDaddy said:
man i am going to get you fired if i keep coming by and disturbing the dealership troops....everyone will want to come out and look and see....lol i leave for san anton..on monday till wed. for a consultation....oh and i HAVE tickets for the nascar race in dallas on the 6th of nov. are ya jealous..huh huh are you jealous....man i am going to keep messing with you until you have your daytona. then you will be too cool to hang out with. i will stop by either end of week or early next week to show you the new emblem and bs about cars.....you see the new impala is going to have a v8 option????

Nascar race in nov huh...hhmmmm.....I may have to consult w/the wife! Oh and by the way I am allready to cool to hang out with! hehe. Heybythe way call before you come the 2nd is my b-day and I am taking VAC!! Man I was hoping to have my Daytona by then. One whole wek just me and my car!! Whoo man goose bumbs! Later man.

·
Registered
38 Posts
We waited 6 weeks for ours (Daytona) and it was worth it. One of the things my wife really likes was on the window sticker it said-
"This vehicle was especially made for...(insert name)"
That made her feel special : ).

Murunga

·
Registered
6,117 Posts
Murunga said:
We waited 6 weeks for ours (Daytona) and it was worth it. One of the things my wife really likes was on the window sticker it said-
"This vehicle was especially made for...(insert name)"
That made her feel special : ).

Murunga
funny stuff..it is the simple things that we enjoy!!! congrats on daytona man.

hey brian i was thinking about the daytona....you could easily drop in the regular shocks and then install the eibach springs and drop her to the ground....esp. with your employee discount. the gomango stock car monster.....that would look very aggressive and i would be too jealous. saw willie today - he told me your are thinking about the srt8 now....you are never gonna get a charger man - too busy hanging on the fence...LMAO
take care and enjoy your vac and happy birthday stud!!!! 30 huh????

·
Registered
203 Posts
I woke up on a Sunday and decided to buy a Charger but had to wait til Mon. Did a little research, found exactly what I wanted loaded, and went straight to the dealer the next day. We were just casually car shopping and when I saw a pic of the charger, said that's it. Done. Never looked at another car.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts