Charger Forums banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here's a little story for ya about my night tonight. If this person is on these forums I don't mean any disrespect but just wondered?

I've been recently seeing this srt-8 charger in my schools parking lot very nice TorRed chrome polished rims beautiful car. I got to see the driver tonight and he looked young not that that even matters but i walk by him acknowledging that I'm the driver from the other charger. I say to the guy "hey nice car" and he kinda shy not wanting to talk says thanks yah i noticed yours over there. and I said so how do you like it refering that he drives a sweet ass car, and he like kinda mumbled something I couldn't make out what he said but like I got the vibe he didn't wanna talk. I dunno call me crazy but I can't find any charger drivers around my area that wanna like shoot the shi*. Everyone just like drives there cars and thats it. YOU GOTTA LIVE IT!! HAHA but anyways just wanted to see if anyone else felt this way?

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
A lot of people that drive Chargers are not car enthusiasts like us. It sad but true.

·
Registered
46 Posts
How could you be driving a SRT Charger and not be a car enthusiast of some kind. He probaly did not buy that car himself.

·
Registered
657 Posts
That sucks, but it IS true. Only about 1 out of every 4 Charger owners I run into are real Charger fanatics. The rest of those lames feel they are just driving another car.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
that was my thought at first. either it's his parents car or it was a great gift from them. but even if he does afford it on his own which is pretty crazy more power to him but like enjoy the car. I wanted to like toss some info ...ask bout any problems he had I can help him with or same to me in return. Whatever I love my car and wave to any charger driver i see even if I don't get a wave back. I am to happy when i drive my car.

·
Registered
174 Posts
That sucks, but it IS true. Only about 1 out of every 4 Charger owners I run into are real Charger fanatics. The rest of those lames feel they are just driving another car.
more like 1 in 40, I have meet afew, but your right to most its just a car.
most just dont care.

·
Premium Member
2,881 Posts
more like 1 in 40, I have meet afew, but your right to most its just a car.
most just dont care.
x3.... no disrespect to anyone here, but in my area a lot of them are retirement aged folks and late 40's to 50's. no one seems to be really into their car. I'll pass them going the other way and no looks, that's how i know they aren't a charger fanatic. every charger i see i watch go by and then look in the rear view again. but then again, another big clue off to me is the fact that most of them are se's, fewer sxt's, and r/t's and daytona's are rare, srt's are non existent.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I mean I drive a SXT. It's all I could afford but i mean i still respect the charger and love them like anyone else who does. Oh wells no one understands then chargerforums.com members!:rockon:

·
Registered
10,665 Posts
It seems to me that the folks who dig Chargers for being Chargers are the ones who have Daytonas, Bees, and SRT's. SOme R/T with RT are also into them the way they should be, but for many, it is just another car.

·
Registered
820 Posts
I get the same thing around here also. When I pass another charger driver, most don't even look twice. Once in awhile though, I'll catch one breaking his or her neck to check out my charger.

On a side note, I do see a LOT of 'stang guys looking & pointing. I've even had a couple try to mess with me. I'll save those stories for another thread though. :wink:

·
Registered
2,522 Posts
Believe or not those of us in our forties and almost 50 are not ready for retirement or the old folks home. I have been a car nut since I was 15 and have had over 30 hot rods of one kind or another. I always give a heads up to other Charger owners and I flog my Srt pretty hard. There are a lot of older guys who love their cars and love the Car culture. Plus we can afford to get the cars young guys dream about.

·
Registered
751 Posts
A lot of people that drive Chargers are not car enthusiasts like us. It sad but true.
This presumption is not always true, even if the owner of another Charger doesn't respond. I am not sticking up for being what people think is rude but I don't really make a habit of just striking up a conversation with every person that approaches me off the street. However with the mindset on here that means I am not an enthusiast which is totally untrue. I don't know, I don't talk a lot to random strangers, regardless of what they may drive, but maybe I am out of the norm. Did anyone ever think the guy had somewhere to be and didn't want to waste time bsing in a parking lot.

·
Registered
253 Posts
I had hour long conversations with perfect strangers when I drive my Cobra, but the Charger doesn't get any of that. I attribute it to the Mustang being a car that has been a staple in American culture for so long and very familiar. I am not saying its better, but more people have owned Mustangs than Chargers. I myself have owned 7 Mustangs and only 2 Chargers. My first Charger was in the 80's. It was a hatchback 4 cylinder turbo, black with silver lemans stripes and it was actually called a Shelby Charger. It also was front wheel drive. She was a blast to drive, but had crazy torque steer from a dig.

·
Premium Member
28,730 Posts
this is so true... i can be side by side next to another charger and they don't even look over:cry:

·
Registered
1,345 Posts
this is so true... i can be side by side next to another charger and they don't even look over:cry:
Happens to me too. Just the other day we were pulling out of my street in Dudley and a TB drives by. I haven't seen anything other then V6's in the surrounding towns and here a TB goes right by, I don't think they even looked our way. I would have pulled into our street just to say high if I were in the TB. We though about giving chase but too many cars seperated us and I couldn't see them anymore. It's sad really.
-J

1 - 20 of 40 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.