Charger Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
619 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i recently sold my superchips flashpaq on ebay so that i could buy a predator. the diablo will not be here for another week and a half, and i didn't want to have to put up with sluggish shifts until then. after reading this thread:

http://www.lxforums.com/board/showthread.php?t=85206

i got an idea. i unplugged my TCM as he described, then returned the car to stock to unlock the tuner. i then lovingly packed up my trusty flashpaq, plugged my TCM back in and drove to the UPS store to send it out... MY TRANSMISSION WORKS JUST LIKE IT DID WHEN THE TUNER WAS LOADED!!! i doubt that the Superchips people will be very happy with this post, so who knows how long it will last, but i just thought it was an awesome find!

·
Registered
280 Posts
Did not completely read the other post but when the diablo comes in will it work trying to read your tune as stock? Will the SC tune be stock now for the diablo. Kinda scary, but please keep us informed.

·
Registered
3,098 Posts
hmm wonder what will happen if ever you take the car to the dealer for work and they just happen to see a none stock code on the TCM.

maybe warranty issues?

·
Registered
619 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i'm alright with diablo reading this as stock... that way if i prefer the superchips transmission settings, i can leave my diablo on the "stock" setting.

as for warranty, i didn't get the car new and it doesn't transfer, so i'm not worried about that.

·
Registered
439 Posts
i'm alright with diablo reading this as stock... that way if i prefer the superchips transmission settings, i can leave my diablo on the "stock" setting.

as for warranty, i didn't get the car new and it doesn't transfer, so i'm not worried about that.
As long as you're within the 3 years or 36,000 miles your warranty still applies. I bought my Daytona with 19,000 miles on it and have had plenty of warranty work done since then.

·
Registered
619 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
As long as you're within the 3 years or 36,000 miles your warranty still applies. I bought my Daytona with 19,000 miles on it and have had plenty of warranty work done since then.
well then i was severly misinformed by the dealership i bought it from... nice to know i have warranty left! i highly doubt my local dealership will care though. they even told me they are lenient on warranty claims... either i pay them or dodge pays them for the work, so why should they care.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts