Charger Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I tried to change my speakers on passenger side door. As i try to pry open the cover a accidentally yanked too hard (mind out of gutter please :) ) and accidentally bend the rod....Now i cant open the door from the inside but i can from the outside. Is there a way for me to fix this without going to the dealer or should i just take it in since i did pry it open like the hulk??

·
Registered
4,218 Posts
First dont fess up to Like you didnt know what happened but Im sure they wont cover it how bad is it bent? try to bend it back if you can.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
First dont fess up to Like you didnt know what happened but Im sure they wont cover it how bad is it bent? try to bend it back if you can.
not too badly bent but bent enough if i hook it up, the door wont close nor lock so now i have to unhook the rood to door handle so my door can close and lock. Funny thing is i had a date last week and she couldnt get out, i told her i had child safety lock because of my god daughters and she believed it :biggrinjester:

·
Registered
14,728 Posts
a/ take the speaker out and put the stocker back in and then go in and get it fixed under warranty. If you leave the speaker in and they see it they will deny your claim
b/ that rod is most likely part of the latch and normally isnt purchasable seperately. Your gonna have to buy the door latch from the dealer or get the rod by itself from a junk yard.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
a/ take the speaker out and put the stocker back in and then go in and get it fixed under warranty. If you leave the speaker in and they see it they will deny your claim
b/ that rod is most likely part of the latch and normally isnt purchasable seperately. Your gonna have to buy the door latch from the dealer or get the rod by itself from a junk yard.
sounds good but i have dynamat like crazy on there....oh lord...i screwed up!

·
Registered
14,728 Posts

·
Registered
12,630 Posts
Some people's rods are bent, stock.

Oops I couldn't resist :grin:

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
so no way to fix this?

·
Registered
12,630 Posts
so no way to fix this?
:shrug: wish I was more help bro, all I can do is bump this back to the top of active topics for you at this point, maybe someone with more knowledge will chime in.

It would seem that way though, yes.

·
Registered
14,728 Posts
The likely hood of you putting it back right is slim. Any inaccurate tension on that rod will accelerate handle and latch wear. If its not perfect going back in your inner and outer handels will be harder to use up til the point where they break

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
So i guess i have no choice but to take it to dodge?

·
Registered
14,728 Posts
or get one from the junk yard like we said

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.