Charger Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Check this out...and please don't laugh. Yesterday, I was driving to lunch and noticed that it was "stuck" im 3rd gear...I saw the #3 beside the "D" on the control panel. Now I have driven F-150s for the past 5 years and am used to purely automatics, except for my wifes old Camero/ 5 sp man.

Anyways, I thought something was wrong and read a post on this forum that some board has to be replaced, so I assumed that it was the same type of problem. This morning I noticed it again and was getting mad. I parked, the drove on again and all was well. Then I was at a red light playing with the shifter (shaking it left and right), then I noticed beside the "D" was 1 and 2 switching back and forth, then it hit me...manumatic transmission. That is what that SOB is. I am not much of an engine/ mod dude yet...learning really quickly, but not like some of you guys here.

THIS THING ROCKS! I get so much more takeoff power than the regular auto. So if anyone is a tool like me...you just learned something.

Anyhow, I am excited to know that I learned something new...and thought that I would share it.

·
Registered
604 Posts
dagummit said:
Check this out...and please don't laugh. Yesterday, I was driving to lunch and noticed that it was "stuck" im 3rd gear...I saw the #3 beside the "D" on the control panel. Now I have driven F-150s for the past 5 years and am used to purely automatics, except for my wifes old Camero/ 5 sp man.

Anyways, I thought something was wrong and read a post on this forum that some board has to be replaced, so I assumed that it was the same type of problem. This morning I noticed it again and was getting mad. I parked, the drove on again and all was well. Then I was at a red light playing with the shifter (shaking it left and right), then I noticed beside the "D" was 1 and 2 switching back and forth, then it hit me...manumatic transmission. That is what that SOB is. I am not much of an engine/ mod dude yet...learning really quickly, but not like some of you guys here.

THIS THING ROCKS! I get so much more takeoff power than the regular auto. So if anyone is a tool like me...you just learned something.

Anyhow, I am excited to know that I learned something new...and thought that I would share it.
one time my girlfriend accidentally put it in manual and i didnt realize it until it started revving ridiculously.

i got mad at her, but i guess i shouldnt have, considering what she had been doing, that caused her to bump the gearshift with her stomach

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
shrinkydinx said:
one time my girlfriend accidentally put it in manual and i didnt realize it until it started revving ridiculously.

i got mad at her, but i guess i shouldnt have, considering what she had been doing, that caused her to bump the gearshift with her stomach

You two were playing checkers right??? :rockon:

·
Registered
114 Posts
My wife would do that in the Stratus R/T Coupe. She'd bump it into manual shift and red-line it before she figured it out. "What's that awful noise?!" she'd say! :D

·
Registered
6,078 Posts
I'll have to tell my wife to be careful. :whistle:

Unfortunately, we haven't properly christened (sp?) the Charger yet. :sad:

·
Banned
113 Posts
didn't your sales guy at least go over things in your car with you? I knew about everything before I ever test drove my charger and was telling the salesman about the car LMAO

Also if you want extra car luvin make sure you tint your windows :)

·
Registered
4,051 Posts
Don't feel bad (you dumbass, lol). I rented a car in Boston last year for this training I was at, having never driven anything except manuals my whole life, and it had manumatic. So here's me, a country boy who (at the time) considered Youngstown "a big city", going through the tunnel in Boston and the damned Nissan wouldn't shift outta first. My coworker was with me, he didn't know what was up either, but I was a little freaked out. I couldn't go any faster than 30mph or so and there was A LOT of angry Baked ******* behind me.

:embarrese

·
Registered
6,078 Posts
Yeah. I pretty much pulled my salesman along when I ordered my car. He really didn't know much. He's a nice guy, but I would have thought that he would have tried to find out more on such a highly anticipated new car.

The only things he really told me when I picked up my car was how to open the gas cover and how to make sure that the A/C was on and not just the vent (i.e., make sure the button is pushed).

·
Registered
197 Posts
At least my salesman knew enough to point out the power pedal adjustment and tell me how to shift the AutoStick on the test drive. :happy:

·
Registered
41 Posts
It might be a good idea to spend some time reading the manual early after receipt of your Chargers.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I thought I did a pretty good job reading my manual...took many a dump after nickeling out 35k...lots of reading material

·
Registered
6,117 Posts
dagummit said:
I thought I did a pretty good job reading my manual...took many a dump after nickeling out 35k...lots of reading material

lmfao.....that is great...funny thing....i did it too!!!!

·
Registered
39 Posts
shrinkydinx said:

LMAO :whistle:

·
Premium Member
15,199 Posts
epoch said:
there was A LOT of angry Baked ******* behind me.

:embarrese

Your lucky you made it out alive. Bostonians will (and have) put up with many things, but they will NOT tolerate being slowed down:)

First time I took my wife, a native of Maryland up to D.C., she was freaked at my driving technique. "Freaking amateurs" was my comment. :happy:

Then I took her intown Boston, and down Storrow drive :eek: That, combined with a Porsche pasing us on Rt 128 in the right breakdown lane while going +90, firmly convinced her that all MA drivers are just insane :whistle:

And dag, dont feel bad, we have SRT-4 owners who after two years are just now finding out that the trunk botton is in the glovebox

1 - 17 of 17 Posts