Charger Forums banner
21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
5,997 Posts
Krautmaster, didn't I read you pulled your horned inlet off? I read once on Allpar some pursuits had an intake that prevented hydro lock but cannot find it now.
Yes, I removed the U Boat Commander snorkels off both Chargers. The 2019 pursuit that resides two doors down has a 4" x4" square hole in the front of the air box (just like the ones in the Mopar CAI) to let water out of the box before it can hit the filter, supposed to be able to go through 14"-16" of water without hydro locking the engine.
(pic is of Mopar CAI box).

Attachments

·
Registered
6 Posts
This just happened to my car...looking for all possible problems and where to start to diagnose and the steps to go through. Pulled through a body of water on the road not too deep car made a noise...feel like it was a snap ot a crack woudlnt accellerate and brakes were tough. Wont start or turn over now..makes one click and thats it... Blown motor? Broken rod?. Etc.. Need help

·
Registered
5,997 Posts
Check the air filter- if is is soaked then it's a 99% chance that you hydro locked it. If so, you'll need a new engine (insurance SHOULD pay if you have a good company). Water does not compress like air/fuel mixture and it will bend a connecting rod or two and possibly crack/break a piston.

Attachments

21 - 23 of 23 Posts