Charger Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So we have been playing with a hydrographics company and I think we will give it a go. There are a ton of patterns but I see the most popular as being carbon fiber and or some of the skull or metal pattern theme.

The cool part of about this stuff is it will go on anything so if you want to do strut caps, oil cap, half covers or firewalls it can be done.

We just did a brushed stainless set for a customer and also had some carbon fiber done on a few peices. So here is how it works.....

The part is sprayed with a base coat color (Any color you would like) then the pattern is layed in the tank and chemicals applied, the part is dipped onto the pattern, then clear coated. This stuff looks amazing and is near flawless no matter the cracks or crevices in the the part.

Here is a carbon fiber, with a Inferno base coat.

Prices are faily reasonable with a complete 3G kit (Abs Cover, FB Cover, Firewall, Shroud, Half Covers, and Right Side Cover) for around $400 for the graphics.

Let me know if your interested and I will get you some samples and prices.

·
Registered
2,453 Posts
Do the parts have to be prepped before hydrographic-alazation? Thinking of the strut covers and other OEM plastic parts which have the rough texture. From the pictures it looks like the final product is perfectly smooth and wasn't sure if that was just due to the nature of the process, or if the parts had to be sanded beforehand.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Skulls and Water -

Metals -

CF - Remember, the base coat color that you choose really is what makes it pop.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts