Charger Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
575 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
While the previously-mentioned tennis ball sounds I was getting from under the hood (HVAC issue) were largely cured, something else cropped up. I couldn't control the temperature of the air output.

I had the vent on one day and heat poured out. Fiddling with the controls did nothing, until I hit the AC/recirc button which kicked the AC on. This self-directed HVAC happened a few times and I took it to the dealer about a month ago. They said the part needed to come from the east coast and they'd call me.

They never called and since the problem didn't crop up again, I let it ride.

Then it DID crop up again. Shutting the car off appeared to do a reset. But it clearly needed surgery, so I made another appointment.

Other issues to address:
USB port in console lights up but does nothing. That sure didn't seem normal.
And we couldn't get the phone synched despite numerous follow-the-instructions efforts.

I reported these to the dealer when I made the appointment last week. Droppped it off this morning. Got a call later, service said the radio is the source of the USB kaputski. Likely that's why the phone would not synch though they didn't say that.

I said just keep it since the dashboard is apart and what's the point of slapping it together and then taking it apart again Wednesday?

So the new radio is supposed to be on the way. Hopefully between the modulator or whatever they're replacing for the HVAC plus the new radio, and I'll have consistent control over the HVAC, will have a synched phone, and the USB will work.

Can't recall having this much trouble with a new car. Hope the surgery makes this all OK again.

·
Registered
575 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Well surprise, it appears the service guys lied to me when they said the radio was due in Wednesday.
After further calls and queries, since nobody bothered to phone me when the part did not show, I discovered the part does NOT come with the standard parts dump in am and pm. Though I was told otherwise, "We are going through the parts delivery from this morning."

Chrysler radios are delivered from the vendor, maker I guess that means, and come via UPS which I was told this afternoon. So they're NOT in the parts dump.

Picked the car up. The service guy who was handling the gig said they thought they were safe in estimating Wednesday, but "We really don't know when the parts are going to show up." He said they have no way of checking with the shipper for an ETA.

If that's true, that is one FUBAR method of obtaining/shipping parts.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts