Charger Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I own a 2009 Dodge Charger SXT V6 3.5L. I recently had my battery disconnected for about an hour to get a subwoofer installed. When everything was hooked up and I turned my car back on, the auto up/down feature didn't work on my windows, sunroof didn't work, airbag light is on and none of my HVAC controls work. A/C, Heat or Rear Defrost doesn't work. When I turn the Fan Speed dial from off to a higher setting, the air compressor kicks on then turns itself off. I was able to get my auto up/down option and sunroof working after reading the forums and recalibrating the switches but the airbag light is still on and HVAC not working. I pulled fuses 14, 40, 41, 42 still nothing. No fuses or relays are blown. Took it to CarX and they said I need to take it to Dodge Dealer to get HVAC controller programmed. Do I need to install a new HVAC control unit, get it "programmed" or is this something else??

·
Premium Member
11,698 Posts
If it worked before, it should work now. I might consider disconnecting the battery for a couple of minutes and try again before going to the dealer.

·
Premium Member
17,450 Posts
Is it an automatic control system or a manual one? The manual one can be recalibrated by you. The automatic one needs the dealer to do it.

Also, did you check all of the fuses both under the hood and in the trunk?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yupp checked fuses in both boxes and its the dual climate control one with the Auto Fan Speed/ Auto Temp feautre. So even if I bought a used HVAC controller from ebay, I would still need to get it programmed? No Plug n Play?

·
Premium Member
17,450 Posts
Yupp checked fuses in both boxes and its the dual climate control one with the Auto Fan Speed/ Auto Temp feautre. So even if I bought a used HVAC controller from ebay, I would still need to get it programmed? No Plug n Play?
Not only is it not plug-n-play for auto HVAC control, the software is different between controllers.

From the Service manual...

CAUTION: Do not exchange A/C-Heater Controls from vehicle to vehicle. Software versions differ between models and model years. Installing an A/C-Heater Control with software that is incompatible for a given vehicle can result in either improper or failed HVAC system operation.

·
Premium Member
2019 Dodge Charger SXT; Triple Nickel
1,520 Posts
Did you ever find the problem? Mine is doing the same thing. Thanks
First, look at the post directly above yours, there’s your answer.

Why are you digging through old threads (7-8 years old) and asking if they found the problem? This is the second one that I’ve seen this morning.

Troll, new to forums, bot?

·
Registered
7 Posts
First, look at the post directly above yours, there’s your answer.

Why are you digging through old threads (7-8 years old) and asking if they found the problem? This is the second one that I’ve seen this morning.

Troll, new to forums, bot?
yes I changed it to 5.7 and the diode is not my problem or I would be here digging threw old posts. One fix is not the same as every ones. I may have an issue in the fuse box where it is not activating the run relay which in turn is stopping my items from working. So now I have to figure why run relay R1 is not being activated.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts