Charger Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
18 · 6 h ago

My 2016 Charger SXT blows heat through passenger side but nowhere else. Drivers side, defroster, rear vents all get cold only. Happened out of the blue, never heard clicking sound. If it's blend door actuator, how do I know which one, think there are 4. Air gets diverted properly to the correct vents.
Could it be just 1 actuator ?
I'm sure dealer will rape me if I bring it there.
Could I try anything before the actuator route?
Not sure I could even reach the driver's side one that is behind all that junk. I'm thinking issue is on driver's side. I believe rear vents are tied to driver's side.

·
Registered
5,352 Posts
Actuator for sure. I think there is someone on the forum who posted how to more easily access the left side. Unfortunately i can't locate the thread or post. Hope they see your thread and offer their tips.

·
Registered
6,392 Posts
Start by disconnecting the battery for 20 minutes (or if you are in a hurry you can hold down the brake pedal for 30 seconds to a minute then reconnect the battery instead of waiting 20 min) This will cause the system to run a recalibration test which will usually fix confused actuators (it will run the test when you start the engine).

I have had very good luck with all of my Charger HVAC systems doing this: When you park, with the motor still running, turn off the AC or heat and wait until you hear the actuators stop going back to their natural / neutral positions (they make a faint whine) when the noise stops THEN shut off the engine.

I had to change all the actuators in my 2001 Chrysler 300M at least three times because when I parked I just shut off the engine leaving the HVAC still turned on... when I restarted the engine the HVAC actuators did all kinds of crazy stuff like you describe... once I started shutting everything off before killing the engine I had no more actuator issues.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.