Charger Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hurst Billet/Plus Pistol-Grip Shift Handle for the 2015-2018 Dodge Charger - Part #5380437

Application:
Fits 2015-2018 Dodge Charger/Challenger and 2018 Durango. All models and engines with automatic transmission.

Features:
Hurst introduces their new Billet/Plus Pistol-Grip Shift handle for the 2015-2018 Dodge Charger/Challenger and 2018 Durango with automatic transmissions. This is a great way to add a contemporary performance look to your modern day muscle car. Billet Aluminum construction is precision CNC machined for a modern look and feel. The body features a polished finish, while the replaceable grip plates have a black anodized finish and display the iconic Hurst name. The grip features a comfortable shape that just feels "right" in your hand, along with a finger operated trigger mechanism for the lockout function. Easy installation with simple hand tools and includes installation instructions.

-CNC Machined from 6061 Billet Aluminum
-Trigger Operated Lockout Function
-Replaceable Grip Plates
-Modern Pistol-Grip Styling

Please call 707-544-4761 or visit www.Hurst-Shifters.com for additional application and product information.

·
Registered
163 Posts
This looks like a really nice upgrade for the tacky stock handle. However, in the Park position, it looks like the top of the handle is really close to the climate controls in the Charger. Do you have a good, clear side photo showing how close it actually is? Thanks!

·
Registered
5,852 Posts
I have one of these installed (with Rosewood grips) and it is a bit close, but lower down than the climate control knob. If you have "normal" size hands it is not an issue. I wear 3X size gloves and they barely fit (my hands are frequently referred to as catchers mitts) and I only bump the climate knob once a week, usually when backing out of the garage.

Long story short, I LOVE mine! Something to keep in mind: if you follow the instruction and just place the old shifter in the console it flops around and makes a lot of noise. I took mine apart (PIA..the black leather piece does not pop-off, it is screwed on from the bottom) and only left the little circuit board in the console in an electrostatic bag to keep it from shorting out.

Attachments

·
Registered
163 Posts
I have one of these installed (with Rosewood grips) and it is a bit close, but lower down than the climate control knob. If you have "normal" size hands it is not an issue. I wear 3X size gloves and they barely fit (my hands are frequently referred to as catchers mitts) and I only bump the climate knob once a week, usually when backing out of the garage.

Long story short, I LOVE mine! Something to keep in mind: if you follow the instruction and just place the old shifter in the console it flops around and makes a lot of noise. I took mine apart (PIA..the black leather piece does not pop-off, it is screwed on from the bottom) and only left the little circuit board in the console in an electrostatic bag to keep it from shorting out.
Thanks for the GREAT info!!:bigthumb:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts