Charger Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Go Daddy et al,
I couldn't stop this one either, looks like it might intensify like Katrina and head towards Texas and god I hope not La.
What were your plans next weekend GoDaddy?, these storms are wearing a little thin you know.
Best of Luck Ya'll
Russ

·
Registered
6,117 Posts
honestly man this one may get us here in sw la....i am about 30-40 miles off of the coast and 30 miles east of texas.....they have already cancelled all schools for the rest of the week and are evacuating all new orleans evacuees to arkansas using all of the area's school buses. we have already gathered all of our major important paperwork (ie birth certs..ss cards..the big stuff and have it packed up.... both cars have been filled today and i am just waiting...they have already issued a volutary evacuation for sw la and we are sw la so.......we are playing it by ear......if we leave i have quite a few options...my family is in buffalo, ny....uncle in dallas, tx.....so we have plenty of options....just waiting to see what happens over the next 24 to 36 hours....that is the make or break point....what really sucks is i have back surgery in san anton, texas on the 29th....this could dampen that....it is crazy....

·
Registered
608 Posts
GoDaddy said:
honestly man this one may get us here in sw la....i am about 30-40 miles off of the coast and 30 miles east of texas.....they have already cancelled all schools for the rest of the week and are evacuating all new orleans evacuees to arkansas using all of the area's school buses. we have already gathered all of our major important paperwork (ie birth certs..ss cards..the big stuff and have it packed up.... both cars have been filled today and i am just waiting...they have already issued a volutary evacuation for sw la and we are sw la so.......we are playing it by ear......if we leave i have quite a few options...my family is in buffalo, ny....uncle in dallas, tx.....so we have plenty of options....just waiting to see what happens over the next 24 to 36 hours....that is the make or break point....what really sucks is i have back surgery in san anton, texas on the 29th....this could dampen that....it is crazy....
Oh man, I really feel for you guys down there, I have a friends in Texas City. I sure hope all turns out well for all of you. I,m about a 3 hour drive from Buffalo

·
Registered
769 Posts
GoDaddy said:
If you can, carry spare cans of gas, just in case you get stuck in heavy traffic and bleed your tank dry. Also carry an equalizier, just in case you have to confront a human prediator.

Good luck

·
Registered
369 Posts
Good luck to all of you down that way....You will be in our prayers...

·
Registered
57 Posts
GoDaddy and all the rest of you guys there in the hurricane's way, I wish you and your families the best of luck and pray for your safety. I just heard on the news that the hurricane will be a cat 4 when it hits land.Man, you guys on that side of the country are getting it bad this year, hopefully the relief agencies have learned their lessons and are better prepared.Again, good luck be safe!

·
Registered
600 Posts
for the hurricanes im gettin outa houston and goin to ANCHORAGE!!! the joys of working for an airline!!!

·
Registered
4,944 Posts
GoDaddy and ALL in harms way of Rita, I pray you will be safe and take precautions to protect yourself. Man this weather is crazy. GODSPEED to ALL! Mike

·
Registered
6,117 Posts
milkdud99 said:
for the hurricanes im gettin outa houston and goin to ANCHORAGE!!! the joys of working for an airline!!!
not sure you can go much further north....lmao

we are still waiting to see where the storm is going to land. right now all indications point to....anywhere. thanks for the prayers and kind words. hopefully we will know something soon....while i am waiting though i am going to put my hood struts on and wait for the gsm mod that ups is suppose to deliver today. :happy:

·
Registered
154 Posts
We are leaving Houston today and going north to Livingston, if thats not far enough we head to Nacagdoches and then to Michigan if needed.

·
Registered
1,651 Posts
To all those in TX and LA along the Gulf Coast... our prayers and thoughts are with you at this time. We know how it feels to be pounded by hurricanes here in FL and we wouldn't wish that misery on anyone.

It is now a Cat 5 hurricane... an extremely dangerous and powerful storm.

Last look it is taking a bit of a NW turn... bad news for LA/New Orleans. It may just be a wobble, but it looks bad for everyone in that area... Cat 5 will be widespread damage.

Hope everyone gets out and is safe.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
18 hours before Andrew in 1992 I decided to go to my dads place east of Gainsville Fl with my wife and two kids. It's one of the best things I ever did.
The eye of the storm went over my house and you all have seen the pictures of the damage that storm did.

If you live within 150 miles of the coast of Texas or western La it's time to go on vacation, thats what credit cards are for. Nothing you own is worth your life or your loved ones. Again let's all read out loud, Nothing you own is worth your life or your loved ones.

Storms like this also cause emotional scares that stay with you and especially kids for the rest of their lives.

Stay away for 2 or 3 days and bring back a Uhaul full of supplies for you and your less fortunate neighbors and loved ones.

Don't be a mucho man and ride out the storm, go on a vacation, NOW !

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
It's getting rather crowded here in San Antonio. They're calling for 70-90 mph winds in the area. Along the coast they're looking at 150+ mph winds.

·
Registered
1,651 Posts
If you live anywhere in the mandatory evacuation areas, leave immediately. They do not issue that order lightly so take heed... this is not a test.

With this size storm, even miles inland will be devastated. Katrina wiped out everything within 3 miles of the coast in MS and AL... it will do the same thing to Texas... probably worse!

They are now concerned about Houston. This storm will not weaken much before it reaches there and could cause widespread devastation.

Prayers for everyone within a 100 miles of landfall. Get your families to safety at all costs.

God speed.

·
Registered
6,117 Posts
hell i am going to leave to save the charger....heck with the family...lol. we are still waiting to see, tomorrow afternoon/evening will be major decision time for us............guys in texas....runnnnnn!!!!! b/c it is going to smash you guys and it may just brush us here in swla...........

·
Registered
253 Posts
hell i am going to leave to save the charger....heck with the family

HA!! You just want to hang around long enough to here your daugher say those O' so precious words "GODADDYGO!" hehe Let me know if ya'll do take off b/c we might to depending tom. We will be heading to Dallas!!

·
Registered
1,651 Posts
From NOAA:

WTNT33 KNHC 220008
TCPAT3
BULLETIN
HURRICANE RITA INTERMEDIATE ADVISORY NUMBER 17A...CORRECTED
NWS TPC/NATIONAL HURRICANE CENTER MIAMI FL
7 PM CDT WED SEP 21 2005

CORRECTED PRESSURE CONVERSION TO 26.52 INCHES

...CATEGORY FIVE HURRICANE RITA CONTINUING TO DEEPEN...
...NOW THE THIRD MOST INTENSE HURRICANE IN THE ATLANTIC BASIN
ON RECORD...

·
Registered
1,651 Posts
1 - 20 of 24 Posts