Charger Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
1,867 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
For the remainder of this week, we will be having a HUGE sale on performance parts. If you are serious about hp and saving money, now is the time to act.

---------------------------Retail-------Sale-------Savings
6.1 Stage 2 Heads---------$2195------$1995------$200
6.1 Stage 3 Heads---------$2649------$2349------$300
392 Shortblock------------$5699------$5299------$400
426 Shortblock------------$5599------$5199------$400
PPP 2500 stall converter---$749--------$499------$250
Grip Tuning Body Kit-------$1895-------$1595-----$300
PPP Ported Intake---------$699--------$549------$150
Custom Ground Cams------$500--------$425------$75
5.7 Stage 1 Heads---------$995-------$895------$100
5.7 Stage 2 Heads---------$2195------$1995-----$200
5.7 Stage 3 Heads---------$2799------$2499-----$300
Level 5 SRT Halfshafts-----$2499------$2399-----$100

We also have a set of used INDY heads that the customer wants $1200 for with a $600 core charge. Total would be $1800 or $1200 if you send your stock heads in as a core.

This sale is only good through Friday. Call now for more details.

·
Registered
1,867 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If you are getting installed at Route 6 Motorsports in Richmond, VA, or at Torik Motorsports in Cincinnati, we can waive all core charges except for the blocks. Core charges are
5.7 heads: $1000
6.1 heads: $1200
426 block: $1000
6.1 intake: $1000
Converter: $200

·
Registered
219 Posts
we need more serius dealers and instalers in miami,
do you have any branch here?
i only see rinners and tinters in miami, performance is not a great deal here, i hate that
everytime somebody say something about my rt here is about get biger rims, they dont care a sh... about performance

·
Registered
341 Posts
Gee - I didn't know you had an install shop in Fort Myers. I live in the Tampa area.

What does this shop support (or a shorter list - what do they not support) in the way of PPP items and installs?

About how long (ballpark) does it normally take to do a 5.7 engine full performance makeover? (I have a 2007 daytona)

I'm just askin' to get an idea of how long I would be without my car.

·
Registered
676 Posts
whats the name and number of da shop in fort myers?
x2

Also, what's the time frame (as asked already) for a stage 3 head job as well as a new cam for the 6.1L's?

What about the 426 kit for the 6.1L? Are all new internals required as well as a different set of heads and cam? How much time would this require?

·
Registered
1,867 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Gee - I didn't know you had an install shop in Fort Myers. I live in the Tampa area.

What does this shop support (or a shorter list - what do they not support) in the way of PPP items and installs?

About how long (ballpark) does it normally take to do a 5.7 engine full performance makeover? (I have a 2007 daytona)

I'm just askin' to get an idea of how long I would be without my car.
They can do head, cams, exhaust, the owner actually has our turbo system on his SRT8. He can do the heads/cam job in a weekends time. Its between 8-11 hours of work.

·
Registered
1,867 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
x2

Also, what's the time frame (as asked already) for a stage 3 head job as well as a new cam for the 6.1L's?

What about the 426 kit for the 6.1L? Are all new internals required as well as a different set of heads and cam? How much time would this require?

Heads can be installed in a day typically. Im not sure what you are asking about the 426. You can buy just the 426 shortblock and use stock heads, stock cam if you want. I think thats what you are asking.

·
Registered
154 Posts
We have an install shop in Fort Myers, but thats the closest one.
Any performance shops near Los Angeles? Any suggestions?

·
Registered
676 Posts
Heads can be installed in a day typically. Im not sure what you are asking about the 426. You can buy just the 426 shortblock and use stock heads, stock cam if you want. I think thats what you are asking.
That is exactly what I was asking for.....sort of. I wasn't sure if you bored out the 6.1L block to help get it to the 426 cubes. I was just curious if it were to be bored out, would a different set of heads be required because of that. The cam question was because you are changing the displacement of the engine, so I wasn't sure if the stock cam would be enough to take advantage of the increase in cylinder size or if it would just end up hurting the setup.

Also, if the 6.1L is bored and stroked, would you not have to purchase a new crank, connecting rods and pistons because of that? Or is that included in the price?

·
Registered
1,867 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
That is exactly what I was asking for.....sort of. I wasn't sure if you bored out the 6.1L block to help get it to the 426 cubes. I was just curious if it were to be bored out, would a different set of heads be required because of that. The cam question was because you are changing the displacement of the engine, so I wasn't sure if the stock cam would be enough to take advantage of the increase in cylinder size or if it would just end up hurting the setup.

Also, if the 6.1L is bored and stroked, would you not have to purchase a new crank, connecting rods and pistons because of that? Or is that included in the price?
the 426 is bored .020 over and has a 4.050 stroke. The block is bored and clearanced and comes with the block, crank, rods, pistons, rings, bearings, arp main studs, arp head studs, billet main caps. You can buy a 426 rotating assembly and have a local machine shop build it if needed. You can use the stock heads, but I would change the cam to take advantage of the bigger engine, but the 6.1 cam will work. It will actually be very tq'y and responsive with the stock cam.

·
Registered
676 Posts
the 426 is bored .020 over and has a 4.050 stroke. The block is bored and clearanced and comes with the block, crank, rods, pistons, rings, bearings, arp main studs, arp head studs, billet main caps. You can buy a 426 rotating assembly and have a local machine shop build it if needed. You can use the stock heads, but I would change the cam to take advantage of the bigger engine, but the 6.1 cam will work. It will actually be very tq'y and responsive with the stock cam.
Thanks for the info, it's appreciated :)

·
Registered
154 Posts
I cant think of any right now, but I will ask Jeremy as he is from CA.
Thanks.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts