Charger Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was shopping for wheel/tire combos, with little intention of buying, when I stumbled across a 24 pound wheel.
Most of the available 20x9 wheels weighed 30 pounds or more.
I went ahead and ordered a set of American Racing AR924 Crossfire wheels with Continental ExtremeContact DWS06+ in 245/45R20.
Each wheel & tire combo is 7 pounds lighter than the steelie and center cap it replaced on my 2012 Pursuit....

I can really feel the difference. The car feels much more nimble.

·
Registered
2,860 Posts
I dig em. Show the whole car to see what it looks like.

Reactions: POWERMAN

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
Registered
2,860 Posts
Nice

Reactions: LDDE48

·
Registered
5,457 Posts
That looks pretty good!

Best,

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I couldn't help myself... after driving Jake in the rain today, I ordered the same wheels & tires for Elwood.

Reactions: BeeScat and Slidd

·
Registered
153 Posts
always a welcome addition. on my previous car, a 2016 camaro the stock oem cast wheels were 18x8.5 square at 24lbs a piece. for autoX reasons i went to 18x9 at 21lbs a piece, same tire size... huge heck of a difference 🤙 3-4+ lbs of weight per corner, its amazing what the difference can be. i see alot of replica wheels in 20 inch going at 32-37 lbs per wheel, and then see posts of, how to add more power. first thing i think of is, why add a crap ton of weight to begin with if performance is your ticket?

Good move!(y)

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I couldn't wait for the second set of wheels, so I moved the Crossfires over to Elwood:

Reactions: BeeScat

·
Registered
2021 Charger Scat Pack WB
76 Posts
FINALY a member who has got it right !!! Wife also like BLACK lugs on black wheels, drive along side a car with same car and U can see why black looks better rolling also.................the SRT 8 runs black McGard 64074.
Ordering black ones for the Charger this week

Seen so many folks change wheels and LOSE MPG and acceleration its no funny.

Been running LIGHT as possible for moons and moons.

Great pair U have there !!

·
Registered
2,860 Posts
Will the OEM center cap fit those?

·
Registered
2013 R/T
1,907 Posts
Get rid of the black wheels.

·
Registered
2,860 Posts

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
I'm always struck by how high the Pursuit sits. They put stiff springs in there but they are long! I get they anticipate a lot of weight in the cop cars with electronics and gear etc.

That RWD Pursuit sits higher than AWD Chargers.

·
Registered
2021 Charger Scat Pack WB
76 Posts
I'm always struck by how high the Pursuit sits. They put stiff springs in there but they are long! I get they anticipate a lot of weight in the cop cars with electronics and gear etc.

U know the shocks are to blame on my charger, sits high one minute then it does not.

The Nivomat ® is installed on the rear axle in place of a conventional damper. Fully automatically and without additional electronic systems, this compact device pumps the vehicle up to its optimum ride height after only a few meters. The Nivomat ® takes the energy needed to do so from the relative movements of the wheel and vehicle body.

·
Registered
3,081 Posts

Might get a fat prisoner so have to be prepared!

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2020 Scat Pack Plus Pitch Black
970 Posts
They are AWESOME wheels and losing weight is Also AWESOME. You also picked excellent tires, the DWS06's are my favorite tire on the market. I really want to try out the new ones in the DWS06 Plus.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 · (Edited)
Will the OEM center cap fit those?
The steel hubcap won't, it grips the exposed wide-seat lug nuts on the steelies. These nuts are recessed. Nowhere to mount it. 😁 😁

I ordered center cap stickers for both cars from 3D Car Stickers. they shipped quickly (from Ukraine) and look great:

Reactions: 13Daytona1625

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
They are AWESOME wheels and losing weight is Also AWESOME. You also picked excellent tires, the DWS06's are my favorite tire on the market. I really want to try out the new ones in the DWS06 Plus.
Thanks, I love these DWS 06 Plus tires. They have amazing grip, even on wet roads. I'm going to end up rotating 10 of them among 2 cars.

Reactions: Mantis

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
FINALY a member who has got it right !!! Wife also like BLACK lugs on black wheels, drive along side a car with same car and U can see why black looks better rolling also.................the SRT 8 runs black McGard 64074.
Ordering black ones for the Charger this week

Seen so many folks change wheels and LOSE MPG and acceleration its no funny.

Been running LIGHT as possible for moons and moons.

Great pair U have there !!
Thanks for noticing the black lug nuts! TireRack sent chrome nuts. Amazon fixed their mistake for about $20 per car.
It would have been much easier to get common Charger/Challenger wheels, but I wanted those AR924s specifically because they were super lightweight.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts