Attachments

·
Registered
341 Posts
Looks pretty slick man

·
Registered
10,665 Posts
Well I'll be darned! Add that to the free/cheap newbie mod list right away!!

·
Registered
13,502 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well I'll be darned! Add that to the free/cheap newbie mod list right away!!
Hehehe ... washer nozzles: $13 each at local dealer, paint: $10.50 at same dealer, labor: free .... total cost: about $37

·
Registered
13,502 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
that looks great! did you just use touch up paint on them?
Yes, spray paint can from the dealer, just gave them my paint code and they ordered it ... a small can for $10+tax

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
I've been thinking about doing the same thing for a while- I already have a bottle of touch-up paint that would suffice for the job, as well as a can of clear-coat. But then I heard a rumor from a semi-reliable source (elcobra44) that there are chrome spray nozzles out there- which would match my R/T cross hairs.

Decisions, decisions...

BTW, Gabe, how hard was it to pull the nozzles?

·
Registered
13,502 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
BTW, Gabe, how hard was it to pull the nozzles?

I found it very easy to remove them WITHOUT removing ANY of the clips holding in the hood liner ... I simply lifted it up a little and then stuck my hand in there ... the nozzles have plastic tabs that hold them in place, one on top and one on the bottom ... I pushed down on the top one with my finger nail and then it popped out at that end, then I used a small flat head screwdriver to push in the bottom tab and it came right out .... to put the new one in, I started with the bottom one and then popped in the top tab.

By "bottom" and "top" I'm referring to the way the nozzles are oriented when the hood is up.

OH, an important step:

I thought it better to remove and re-install the washer hose onto the nozzle with the nozzle firmly mounted in the hood, not "popped-out".

Overall, less than 5 minutes to swap both sides.

The painting took longer :lol: :lol: :knockout: :knockout: :knockout:

·
Registered
13,502 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Looks great. but, ahem, if you'd bought a black car then this mod wouldn't have been needed..:smoke: :alien: :grin:

>runs for cover<
I'm already down to about 4 hours of sleep per night, if I got a black one I'd never be able to sleep worrying if somebody might touch and scratch it ... plus a clean black car only exists for about 4 minutes, then it becomes a dirty black car ... :D

·
Registered
415 Posts
VERY nice!!! I hope you don'r mind but I took TBYDaytona's advice and added it to the "cheap/free mods" sticky! Great work, thank you!!!!

·
Registered
13,502 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
VERY nice!!! I hope you don'r mind but I took TBYDaytona's advice and added it to the "cheap/free mods" sticky! Great work, thank you!!!!
No problem ... thank you !

·
Registered
250 Posts
Now I got something else to do. THANKS ALOT MAN !!!!!!! lol Hardest part is which mod to do first.

·
Registered
13,502 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Now I got something else to do. THANKS ALOT MAN !!!!!!! lol Hardest part is which mod to do first.
Best part about this mod is you really only need the paint ... if you remove the nozzles from the hood early in the morning and paint them, even after a few coats, they'll still be ready to go in by the afternoon ... only $10 in paint is all that's needed.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.