Charger Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a used 2006 Dodge Charger Daytona back in February from a dealer. I met a nephew of the original owner of the car who has said not to waste money on chip because his uncle said car is already chipped. I am not sure what chip or program is in car. Is there anyway to find out other than trying to meet up with nephew again and having him find out?

·
Registered
1,975 Posts
The dealer most likely restored the chip back to original.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I looked down cowl on passenger side and it doesn't have a jet chip that I could see. I have had the car up to 121mph but not sure what the stock cutoff is. It does almost get a 2nd gear chirp when accelerating hard but never drove any other Charger so not sure if that means anything. It feels way stronger and better response than my Dodge Ram but the hemi's are probably way different. It feels a lot stronger now then it did when I bought it. I have been running premium and since the K&N drop-in and switching to synthetic oil, the car does monster brake torques which it wouldn't do when first purchased. Temp runs just a little less than half way on temp guage so I am not sure if it has a cooler thermostat or not.

The car was on a Chevrolet lot so not sure if they would've flashed computer or not. I am hoping to run into the nephew again so I can see if he can get more info. If it is a tune I would like to buy controller from him.

·
Premium Member
7,632 Posts
Stock speed limiter on the Daytona is up around 145 or 148 mph. Temp a hair to the left of center is a stock 203* t-stat. About 11 o-clock position is a 180* t-stat.

·
Registered
4,665 Posts
Mine does the 2nd gear chirp once and awhile, all i have is a CAI.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks Guys.

I'll have to wait till I run into nephew again then. I had a feeling there wouldn't be an easy way to find out.

Thanks again,

Ken Moser

1 - 8 of 8 Posts