Charger Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6,117 Posts
that is some great stuff!!!! i want to see videos of your tires burning up like that srt8 clip....that is just too cool.

·
Registered
195 Posts
i just have one question. i have a daytona and if i punch it i just leave a strip of ruber . i don't get the big poff of smoke. what did you do power brake? if so how did you turn off the rear brakes.

I NEED TO SMOKE OUT THE NABORHOOD!!!!!!!! :biggrin:

·
Registered
245 Posts
Mine has really gotten a third ball here lately it's the cool weather. Lit mine up yesterday like the pic shows....... love to see those posi marks.......Good job n charge.

·
Registered
2,732 Posts
sweet picks... :D

·
Registered
743 Posts
cowboy said:
what did you do power brake? if so how did you turn off the rear brakes.
Yes, power brake... The rear brakes aren't applied as heavy as the front and the front wheels aren't getting pushed...

on my RT...
1. press ESP off button
2. Put car in drive (or 1)
3. hold brake with left foot just hard enough to stop the car from moving.
4. Punch it. (WOT)
5. Start planning for the next set of tires ;)

I can actually hold the car still and light up the tires... sometimes the rear will start drifting a bit but I could hold the front wheels 'til I was running on rims.

·
Registered
195 Posts
the problem with the power brakeing in chargers is the rear disk brakes. even if you do not hold 100% brakeing power your rear disk will hold. the Anti lock brakeing system will sence your tire spinning. after a bit it will hold tighter on your rear tire. not alot but over time it will tear your brakes up. i was hopeing you guys knew weather or not the parking brake holds the rear tires, frount tires or both. i am not a fan of power brakeing. if the parking brake holds all of then i think liner locks will have to be put in for me.

·
Registered
4,783 Posts
cowboy said:
i just have one question. i have a daytona and if i punch it i just leave a strip of ruber . i don't get the big poff of smoke. what did you do power brake? if so how did you turn off the rear brakes.

I NEED TO SMOKE OUT THE NABORHOOD!!!!!!!! :biggrin:

I have a daytona as well. I still have the stock michelins on it and I have had several cars w/ michelins. These tires don't smoke verry well. They leave dark patches of rubber if you power brake just right, but they leave verry little smoke.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts