Charger Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just started driving this car for work. It is an 06. When I use the key fob to lock the doors it honks the horn and flashes the lights. I would like to eliminate that feature if I can. There is no manual in the car so I can't look it up there. Any help would be great. Thanks, Mike

·
Registered
430 Posts
There's a way to turn it off using your control pannel info center...look it up in the owner's manual. Wish I could give you specifics, but my fiance did it the other day, not me :) I do know it's in the book, though, b/c that's how he figured it out.

·
Registered
1,655 Posts
You can find the owners manual on dodge.com, it's a free download.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks, problem is I don't have the manual. I guess I'll have to get with the Chief and see if he has it.

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
To turn off flashing lights:
Press and hold the unlock button on the key fob.
Continue to hold for 4 seconds, but no longer than 10, then press and hold the lock while still holding unlock.
Release both buttons at the same time.

To turn off horn:

Press and hold the lock button for 4 seconds, but no more than 10.
Press panic, and release at the same time.

·
Registered
3,160 Posts
evic means that you have a display that shows u the mpg, temp, and all that good stuff. if u have it then that makes it easier. you just turn the car on, leave it in park, and push the folder button and u'll have options for the horn and lights. if u dont have evic there is a code u can put in with your key fob. i forgot what it was tho its something like push unlock 3 times and then lock twice. i think i read it in the owners manual.

·
Registered
3,160 Posts
Continue to hold for 4 seconds, but no longer than 10, then press and hold the lock while still holding unlock.

To turn off horn:

yea what he said lol

·
Registered
1,646 Posts
Its under personal preferences, you can only access it when parked. (no personal preferences does not include blondes or redheads :))

·
Registered
181 Posts
You must be a mind reader. I was just wondering how do the same thing with my horn. The lights I don't mind. The horn bothers me, especially when I come in late at night from a gig and don't want a horn blast waking anybody up.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Ditto on axing the horn

·
Registered
519 Posts
Disable horn...

Here is one nifty use (and reason?) to keep the unlock horn on for me:

I once used my unlock horn (not the panic horn) when I saw a goup of youngre people standing next to my Charger, with one leaning against the window to look in. I always park at the very very far end of big parking lots. I didn't want to yell across, nor did I want to run. So, the horn came in handy.

:rockon:

I beeped it once, or twice, and when they realized someone was coming they stepped back. Good thing I did. One of the guys had a huge western belt buckle. Those things can scratch your car in no time! Ugh.

A brief friendly conversation about the car followed, and the day ended well.

·
Registered
3,293 Posts
Here is one nifty use (and reason?) to keep the unlock horn on for me:

I once used my unlock horn (not the panic horn) when I saw a goup of youngre people standing next to my Charger, with one leaning against the window to look in. I always park at the very very far end of big parking lots. I didn't want to yell across, nor did I want to run. So, the horn came in handy.

:rockon:

I beeped it once, or twice, and when they realized someone was coming they stepped back. Good thing I did. One of the guys had a huge western belt buckle. Those things can scratch your car in no time! Ugh.

A brief friendly conversation about the car followed, and the day ended well.

Yeah and it is kind of a good sound to hear when I am walking away from it at work... I know its locked... decisions decisions...

·
Premium Member
1,942 Posts

To turn off horn:
WOW, thank you for posting that. Been too lazy to see if it was in the manual. I just did it, and it worked. Woofrigginwoo!

·
Registered
519 Posts
Love it...

LOL . . . yeah, like you really walk away from the Charger and don't actually "look" at it when you lock it . . .
I love it... always look back when you lock it. Do it several times because it looks and sounds so good... Lock - unlock - lock - unlock - lock- unlock - lock!

Too cool.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Hey cool this works on non evic cars too

To turn off horn:

1 - 20 of 24 Posts