Charger Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, yesterday I went to the dealer ship sat in a plum crazy srt8 numbered 57 by the way.

Well I turned it on with the doors open and the sound the thing made was great. It had that muscle car sound mixed with todays technology so that it was not ruff on my ears but nice.

It sounded like the engine and exhaust worked together to create the sound, unlike my r/t the engine is quiet.

How can I get my r/t to sound like the srt8. I mean its not like i have a 4 cylinder or v6 asking how to sound like srt8, so i'm just thinking it must not be to hard.

·
Registered
139 Posts
... Buy the SRT-8...

...sorry. Couldn't resist...

·
Registered
139 Posts
Seriously, though; I installed a Corsa Cat Back, and couldn't be happier.

·
Registered
708 Posts
For $300 bucks you can have the suitcases removed and Magnaflow mufflers installed. I did my 300C and it sounded great. I went with the Magnaflows because they don't sound as aggressive as the Flowmaster. If you want louder, you can go with the flowmaster. That's the cheapest way to do it. if you have the cash, get the Corsa cat-back like Lazrguy said - or Zoomers.

·
Registered
6,299 Posts
yup....I took the resonators off mine....for 2yrs Ive driven and enjoyed it...but always hated my tips. Got a good deal on some zoomers and am patiently (not so patiently) waiting for the fedex guy to get here. The car is already on ramps and the rears are about to get put on stands.

break down time after the car cools.

·
Registered
453 Posts
My R/T sounds bad a$$ with the Borla 125 on it.

·
Registered
6,299 Posts
sure would

·
Registered
3,886 Posts
I really regret not buying cutouts. SLPs are great though, just not quite loud enough.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I have the Corsa exhaust and love it. Its not too loud for everyday driving but when I get it on it, it sounds like a beast. I have heard the flowmasters as well and they're just too loud, conversations with folks in the back is nearly impossible.

·
Registered
1,828 Posts
Did someone already say but an SRT8? Hehehe no but seriously I would go with the 125 borla's or the less agressive 112, if you have the dough then get the Corsa's.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts