Charger Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just changed my oil yesterday. This is my 2nd DIY and everything went fine. I got 'Oil Change Due' message today. This the first time I saw that message ever because I always changed before recommended mileage or months. Charger 3.6L has 25k miles now.

Anyone has experienced this or know why it happened?

Is this normal? How do i reset the message?

Thank you.

·
Super Moderator
11,618 Posts
Not sure what year car you have, but for my year you turn the ignition on but don't start, then press the accelerator to the floor three times, then turn the key off.

Otherwise consult your owner's manual or Google...

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Not sure what year car you have, but for my year you turn the ignition on but don't start, then press the accelerator to the floor three times, then turn the key off.

Otherwise consult your owner's manual or Google...
That worked! Thank you very much. Do you know the reason why I it came up?

·
Registered
5,852 Posts
It uses a computer algorithm that mostly factors in engine hours vs mileage: it knows that if you have a lot of hours but little mileage that you were doing a lot stop n go driving (bad), conversely low hours with high mileage means lots of highway driving (good). Mine seems to trip every 6-7K.

·
Registered
4,493 Posts
That's the detailed answer. The short answer is, because it's time to change your oil (assuming the indicator was reset after the last oil change).

1 - 5 of 5 Posts