Charger Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got a new srt hood but to make the mod complete I need to remove the washer nozzels from the old hood and re-attach them to the new. Anyone on here have any advice for how to do that? They seem to be on there pretty well and I dont want to break them trying to get them off, is there a trick that I'm unaware of?

Any advice would be great. Thanks!

·
Premium Member
994 Posts
It's pretty easy. Just pull the rubber hoses off the bottoms of the nozzles. Then carefully turn the nozzles. You'll notice there are a couple of small notches in the hole and two corresponding plastic tabs on the nozzle. Once you get the nozzle about a quarter turn, it should slip out of the hole. Just take your time and you'll be fine.

·
Registered
13,502 Posts
I started by removing the hose off the nozzle (like mentioned above :bigthumb:), but then I used a small flat-tip screwdriver to push in the bottom clip / tab that holds the nozzle onto the hood ... once the bottom one pushed in, the bottom of the nozzle popped out and the top just kinda fell out ...

By "bottom of nozzle", I mean as you look at it with the hood up :)

·
Registered
13,502 Posts
Here's a pic of the nozzles that should give you a better idea of what you're dealing with .... :)

Attachments

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the help guys. Does it come out all as one piece or will the top and bottom seperate? I tried to turn it from underneith the hood but its not moving. I dont really want to take a wrench to it and risk breaking it. Do you have to push or pull as you twist? Ive tried it a couple ways with no luck.

·
Premium Member
994 Posts
Thanks for the help guys. Does it come out all as one piece or will the top and bottom seperate? I tried to turn it from underneith the hood but its not moving. I dont really want to take a wrench to it and risk breaking it. Do you have to push or pull as you twist? Ive tried it a couple ways with no luck.
It's all one piece. Gabe is right, you have to push those plastic pins in underneath as you push the nozzle up. I remember they were in there pretty tight and I had to twist them back and forth a bit as I pushed them out.

·
Registered
2,200 Posts
The retaining tabs broke on mine when I tried to pull them out to move them to my SRT hood. Ended up buying new ones, they are cheap at the dealer...

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I got it figured out. I used a pliers to squeeze in the first tab and a screw driver to poke out the second. I got them both out without breaking any of the tabs. I just stuck them on the new hood and they look great. Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
13,502 Posts
I got it figured out. I used a pliers to squeeze in the first tab and a screw driver to poke out the second. I got them both out without breaking any of the tabs. I just stuck them on the new hood and they look great. Thanks for the help.

Great !

Congrats on another mod :D

I had to remove mine when I installed sliver painted ones :grin:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts