Charger Forums banner

How to remove hard water spots?

3K views 18 replies 6 participants last post by  Junkman2008 
#1 ·
Looking for help from the community, I have heavily tinted windows (probably illegal tbh). I’ve tried using vinegar, lemon and rough sponges but I can’t get rid of the hard water spots on my windows. Anyone have any tint safe solutions?

#2 ·
I presume the water spots are on the outside of the windows unless a water sprinkler was unleashed on the inside of your car damaging your tint. So this is for non tinted surfaces.

Dampen a hand towel or wash cloth with 50/50 water and white vinegar and place it over the surface to soak for a few minutes. It should come clean with some rubbing after that. Do small areas at a time.

If that doesn't work the glass needs to be polished. That's my input sight unseen as to how much spotting and glazing there is.

#19 ·
One thing that you will notice about how I clay is the amount of PRESSURE that I use and the amount of clay that I use. I will sometimes use a LOT of pressure on a heavily contaminated car because I am not trying to be there for a week in one spot. Claying is hard work and I hate doing it, much less doing it to an entire car. Second, I use a big chunk of clay because it is easier for me to hold on to it and apply the pressure I want to apply. If I keep the area lubricated, the amount of marring will be minimal and VERY easy to remove. That is why I do this the way that I do. You've seen my shine, the results speak for themselves.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.