Charger Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
518 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i'm trying to remove the tan plastic piece right underneath the steering wheel but that damn handle looks strange. there doesn't seem to be any release tab or anything and i was wondering if anyone hear knows how to remove it?
thanks.

·
Registered
693 Posts
i'm trying to remove the tan plastic piece right underneath the steering wheel but that damn handle looks strange. there doesn't seem to be any release tab or anything and i was wondering if anyone hear knows how to remove it?
thanks.
I'm not sure if I remember correctly but I think it's 1 of those deals where there is a slot. If you rotate the handle/cable so the cable lines up W/the slot, it will slide out the side.

Take the whole piece down 1st so you can access the back side of the release handle.

·
Registered
693 Posts
thanks.
I'm not sure if I remember correctly but I think it's 1 of those deals where there is a slot. If you rotate the handle/cable so the cable lines up W/the slot, it will slide out the side.

Take the whole piece down 1st so you can access the back side of the release handle.
In other words, don't try to remove the release handle from the trim piece, take the whole thing down, release the cable & them you can take the trim piece completly off once the cable is disconnected.

·
Registered
518 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
In other words, don't try to remove the release handle from the trim piece, take the whole thing down, release the cable & them you can take the trim piece completly off once the cable is disconnected.
yeah i was looking at it and thought that somehow i have to remove that cable but when i try to pull it out of that slot, no matter which way i turn it, the darn thing wont come out! I'll try it again later this morning when its light out. maybe i'll be able to get it. i just dont want to break anything. thanks for your help,:)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.