Charger Forums banner

How to raise the charger up?

1K views 10 replies 11 participants last post by  sound&security 
#1 ·
I like the look of all the old Chevy's that are sitting all high up off the wheel wells. I have my CHarger basically done with everything I want to do besides red break calipers and a sun-roof. Other then that no engine mod's have been done. I don't race or ever plan on it. Just like riding in style.

What would I need - how much would it cost - and how much time would it likely take are things I'm trying to mainly figure out. Not sure what I would need to buy! But I would like to raise it up. I figure you pro's are the ones to ask! Hope to hear something soon. THanks guys.

Maybe not this extreme haha- - but this is the concept I'm referring to
http://www.vaporsmagazine.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/11/high-ridin-chevy.jpg

#3 ·
I wouldend go above 24s max in a charger. 22's fill out nice at stock height.

#4 ·
There's somebody that makes modified front spindles to accept 26's ... makes the car look lifted and ridiculous (by most people's standards :) )

For a modest 1" lift, you could try the AWD springs ...

#5 ·
universalcarlifts.com they have a 3 inch lift kit. if you get the kit please get 26's or your
car will look very bad. Don't get 26's if you have the V6. I have 24's on my 3.5L and I wouldn't go any bigger.

#8 ·
So you are saying you want to get laughed and pointed at? Hopefully enough of us will get to you early and convince you that it's not a good look. Can you post a pic of your car now? Maybe we can give you some constructive advice on some alternatives other than lifiting it.

#11 ·
like AWDGABE said-the awd springs are good for a 1 inch lift.
if you have a 2.7 you will burn up the trans and torque converter real fast lifting it and throwing big wheels on it.
ALSO you will destroy the drive shaft / u joints and pinion bearing super fast along with the brakes.

FORT LAUDERDALE AND MIAMI IS THE HOME BASE OF THE DONK.
trans shop next door rebuilds the trans on at least 3 LX's a week from runing 26's on 2.7 and a few 3.5's
at $4000 a pop.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.