Charger Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Fellas I need help so i have a 2014 Dodge Charger SE currently I have the opportunity to by a 5.7L V8 engine for $1,000 I need to know what else I need for this engine swap? I know i need a Engine Wireing Harness and the V8 computers. So far to the car I have upgrated the radio from the 4.3 to the 8.4, Z-tazer, Changed the shift knob, and thinking about what rear axel I want to go with the 3.06 or higher I have the 5 Speed NAG1 Transmission in my car and I do all the work on my own car so Mechanic Is me and a buddy of mines. Just shoot me a list of parts I will need Im just doing a simple engine upgrade for now followed but a crap tone of mods so I need help with this one before It gets started.

·
Registered
1,716 Posts
Thanks man I see it’s a super hard task
I've never done it, but it sure looks that way.

Seems like a great price for that 5.7, though. I'd look to sell that and put the profit aside for your next car.

·
Super Moderator
11,618 Posts
And here we go again....

Been on this forum 12 years. Still have yet to see a single completed V6 to V8 swap, despite all these threads.

Just sell the V6 and buy a V8; it will be a lot less stressful and it will make a lot more financial sense.

Reactions: N8ECH

·
Registered
3,150 Posts
The list of what you don't need because you already have it is the frame, body, seats, wheels and tires.

I haven't been a member on this site as long as FLEX and most others have been, but I have been a longtime member on a Ford site and have yet to see a garage conversion either. Vehicle's that are popular to convert will have commercial shops that sell and install conversion kits in quantities large enough to keep the business afloat: primarily Jeeps.

Anything can be achieved but a conversion may not be quick, cheap or right. In fact I would say pick any two because I doubt it will be all 3.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts