Charger Forums banner

1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Premium Member
15,199 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With just your ignition key:) Also, how to do a cluster diagnostic.

First two courtesy of Tommy T of the LX and 300C forums. This works on ALL LX body vehicles.

http://www.lxforums.com/board/showthread.php?t=11326

http://www.lxforums.com/board/showthread.php?t=12361

These procedures are invaluable tools, potentially saving you lots of time and heartache. Lastly, a cluster diagnostic.

Press and hold the trip meter reset then turn the key to "ON", the gauges will step through the wholoe range. If your gauge is acting funny, this is an easy way to see if it's the sender or the gauge.

ADDED: How to access engine operating hours, found on 300Cforums, posted by DanRealtor, but no source attributed.

This time, turn the key to ON first, THEN press and hold the odometer/tripmeter reset for about 6-8 seconds. The engine operating hours will display. Divide this by your odometer miles reading to discover your average speed over the life of the car.

Can I get a sticky up in heah?:) Oh, we now need a "Problems" section:)

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
Re: How-TO: Pull diagnostic codes and get EVIC data

Problems? we don't need no stinking problems!!

·
Registered
315 Posts

thanks for the tip

·
Registered
2,733 Posts

THATS SWEET!

Now I can cruise around with a digital MPH, TAC, volts, and water temp all at once!

·
Registered
107 Posts

AZCHARGER said:
THATS SWEET!

Now I can cruise around with a digital MPH, TAC, volts, and water temp all at once!
I could not get this to work on my R/T, am I reading correctly that you can do it on you Datona?????

·
Registered
1,972 Posts

GLHS837 said:
With just your ignition key:) Also, how to do a cluster diagnostic.

First two courtesy of Tommy T of the LX and 300C forums. This works on ALL LX body vehicles.

http://www.lxforums.com/board/showthread.php?t=11326

http://www.lxforums.com/board/showthread.php?t=12361

These procedures are invaluable tools, potentially saving you lots of time and heartache. Lastly, a cluster diagnostic.

Press and hold the trip meter reset then turn the key to "ON", the gauges will step through the wholoe range. If your gauge is acting funny, this is an easy way to see if it's the sender or the gauge.

Can I get a sticky up in heah?:) Oh, we now need a "Problems" section:)
My software version is 4.05 with a date of 4/12/05.

Does anybody know what it should be?

The good news, no stored codes!! Good to hear since I have the Stage 2 Jet Chip.

·
Registered
764 Posts

I just looked at these "hidden" codes, so much fun this car is.
My software is 7/05/05 v 4.06
Is this the latest? What's yours?

·
Registered
2,732 Posts

I have 1 code.... 1521... from what I have found this means transmission engaged at high throttle angle... I always wait for a couple seconds before shifting out of park after starting, and have never gone from nuetral to gear with rmps faster then regular idle, so my only guess is this happened when I had the car in for service...

anyone know if the OBDII code reader at autozone can clear codes on our car... cheaper then going to a dealer to have it cleared....

·
Registered
3 Posts

I just picked up my new '06 Charger RT. The dealer couldn't get me the 20 inch wheels I wanted so I ordered them on my own and they will be here Saturday. They are the TIS 20" Type 02. From the time I brought my Charger home last night, the TPM light stays on and won't go off. I did some reading and found out that the 20" rims may mess up the TPM. Any help on disabling it or resetting the computer to ignore the new wheels? Thanks.

·
Premium Member
15,199 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

Daytona? Have you tried AZ to clear codes? Results?

Race, lets make sure I understand. It sounds like your TPM is lit, and you DO NOT have your new rims on. If so, check the pressures, and fill if needed. If your showing correct pressure, get the TPM fixed first, before adding the rims.

·
Registered
3 Posts

thank you GLHS. Your assumption is right; the new rims are not installed yet. I will check the tire pressure and go from there about the light staying on. Hopefully it will go off. Regarding the codes you gave, is there anything I can do to reset the TPM once the new wheels are installed or does it have to go to the dealer? thanks again

·
Registered
7 Posts

Anyone know how to reset the codes? I have P0111 and my engine light is on. P0111 is Intake Air Temperature Circuit Range/Performance Problem, which makes perfect sense because I messed with the sensor. I would like to reset the check engine light without going to the dealer. Any way to bypass individual codes?

·
Premium Member
15,199 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

Most of these bad sensor read things are usually set to self erase after a certain number of drive cycles, if the condition does not repeat. Look like three good trips, which means full warm up, cool down drive cycles, should make the light go out, 40 trips later, the code should go away.

Assuming, of course, that the condition is not present anymore.

·
Registered
119 Posts

thanks guys much appreciated!

·
Registered
2,069 Posts
Wow, I just spent a whole day at the dealer because my fuel indicator gauge is acting erratic. It never seems to be reading correctly as it changes everytime I start the car. It's all over the place.

Dealer said all readings are good and no error codes, then sent me home on my merry way. Not pleased with the answer, I searched the internet and found you guys. What a wealth of information here. Awesome everyone.

So I just performed the instument cluster calibration dealio thing, and sure enough, the fuel gauge indictor is messed up. It won't even go to full and cycle through like the rest of the gauges.

(Question: the speedo only goes to 100 and the tach goes to 5000 during calibration mode, is this correct or should they go max readings and then cycle down to zero?)

Now my question, do you think I will have to have the instrument cluster replaced or do you think they can fix the fuel gauge by itself. I'm thinking the latter but.......

LOL, now I have to go back to dealer and show them how to check the instrument cluster vs the sending unit in the tank. Won't they feel stupid.

·
Premium Member
15,199 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Welcome crow, gald to help. Do please start a fresh thread, titles something like "gas guage reads bad" with all the above info, and whtever you learn at the dealer. That is how we keep more fresh knowldge rolling in:)

·
Registered
148 Posts
Auto-headlight adjustment!

One other trick I found. My software version is 4.07 dated 9/12/05. On the screen with the VTA trig and Wake info, my third line reads this:
>190 Lgt:15
Adjusting the 190 number using the right arrow button allows you to set the light sensor trigger level, if you have auto climate control, that turns on the auto headlights (another mod). Lgt: is the amb light reading. The lower the number the brighter it is outside. I verified the setting is retained overnight.

This car has a lot of fun things to discover!

I also posted this on LXForums.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I tried the diag got an 0522 code for oil pressure sender, took it to the dealer today they could not find the problem. They claimed to have to do extensive test driving and did they 75 miles. Only for the light to come back on in 10 miles after leaving the dealership.
WTF???????

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
not trying bring back an old post but this on,off,on,off,on procedure works on all chrysler products from early 80's to date.only diff is cars without display panels,the check engine light will flash.say the code is 55 which is the end code the check engine lght will flash 5 times puase flash 5 times.these code numbers are not OBDII but can be found the the repair manules such as chilton ect...hope this helps.

·
Registered
3,026 Posts
daytona torRed said:
not trying bring back an old post but this on,off,on,off,on procedure works on all chrysler products from early 80's to date.only diff is cars without display panels,the check engine light will flash.say the code is 55 which is the end code the check engine lght will flash 5 times puase flash 5 times.these code numbers are not OBDII but can be found the the repair manules such as chilton ect...hope this helps.

I think that most people that have owned Mopar products know about this. My 96 did it. A lot of people here have never owned one though.

1 - 20 of 56 Posts