Charger Forums banner

781 - 800 of 821 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
YES!!!! 🥳🥳 After a few years of driving my 2014 Dart without voice capability after buying a used replacement Uconnect 8.4 unit, I finally took the time to read through all of the posts on this blog and a few others, and sorted out what I was missing.

My original Uconnect nav system was probably still good, however back a few years ago I replaced it as I couldn't figure out why it was refusing to load the Garmin software on boot-up, and all attempts to update it to CTP13 (or otherwise) met with errors, and the same "software loading" screen. Yesterday when I tried installing a (modded) CTP13 firmware, when the update completed, the system sat on the same "software loading" screen, which had me in sheer panic. But having recalled a few members' posts this time, I tried locating and removing the radio fuse. The screen stayed lit, however after powering down the car and firing it back up again, the system loaded the GPS without issue (whew!). So, NOT pulling the fuse, mistake #1.

Now for mistake #2. I had purchased a used Garmin 3790, and had updated it with the latest maps, however hadn't installed a flash disk to expand the memory, so I was getting a stripped down version of the map files. This caused my system to give one of two errors when trying to speak to Uconnect with the hands free option. I've seen both "This feature is not available for Canada in American English" and "Feature not Available" (or something similar). So I purchased a Garmin Nuvi 3590LM from a local gal, installed a mini-SD card this time, and downloaded the COMPLETE map, which after installing using the instructions here, managed to restore my handsfree system and everything else.

I figured I'd pass this info on to other users, as I hadn't put the pieces together until today, and thought someone else with a "bricked" system may benefit.

Cheers to all!

·
Registered
16 Posts
YES!!!! 🥳🥳 After a few years of driving my 2014 Dart without voice capability after buying a used replacement Uconnect 8.4 unit, I finally took the time to read through all of the posts on this blog and a few others, and sorted out what I was missing.

My original Uconnect nav system was probably still good, however back a few years ago I replaced it as I couldn't figure out why it was refusing to load the Garmin software on boot-up, and all attempts to update it to CTP13 (or otherwise) met with errors, and the same "software loading" screen. Yesterday when I tried installing a (modded) CTP13 firmware, when the update completed, the system sat on the same "software loading" screen, which had me in sheer panic. But having recalled a few members' posts this time, I tried locating and removing the radio fuse. The screen stayed lit, however after powering down the car and firing it back up again, the system loaded the GPS without issue (whew!). So, NOT pulling the fuse, mistake #1.

Now for mistake #2. I had purchased a used Garmin 3790, and had updated it with the latest maps, however hadn't installed a flash disk to expand the memory, so I was getting a stripped down version of the map files. This caused my system to give one of two errors when trying to speak to Uconnect with the hands free option. I've seen both "This feature is not available for Canada in American English" and "Feature not Available" (or something similar). So I purchased a Garmin Nuvi 3590LM from a local gal, installed a mini-SD card this time, and downloaded the COMPLETE map, which after installing using the instructions here, managed to restore my handsfree system and everything else.

I figured I'd pass this info on to other users, as I hadn't put the pieces together until today, and thought someone else with a "bricked" system may benefit.

Cheers to all!
OH! And I should also mention, I was using an 8 gig Kingston USB 3.0 stick and had a bit of trouble at first getting it to behave until I formatted it with the 16 kilobyte allocation unit size, then it worked flawlessly for everything.

·
Registered
2013 Charger RT Road and Track
249 Posts
I just got a 2013 Charger RT with Navigation and a friend of mine had the updated 2020 files so we built the usb stick but I think he forgot to unlock the files and it loaded the new maps etc. Now I have no Navigation. So I updated my radio to CTP17 update and then I ordered the Map update kit because I really wanted my nav to work again. So I am going through the process of activating the USB stick and I keep getting a file format error while trying to activate the USB stick from HERE which is the Garmin ppl. I am on my second USB stick from them as the previous USB stick came up wit the same error. So now I am starting to think that we corrupted my radio. Does anyone have an idea on how to possibly fix this. The radio will not downgrade to the 13 file either. So I am starting to think I might be screwed.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi,
I have a bad luck with firmware downgrade from CTP15 to CTP13.
Car is a Fiat Freemont, an Europian version if Dodge Journey. After reaching a full bar on downgrade screen, "error on reflashing 0x 31A0" pops out. After confirming the message, radio starts normaly, navi is also working and I am still at CTP15.
I have read all previous posts. Tried number of different usb memories, no luck. Dont want to delete curent map because It's not soo big to cause any problem with lack of storage. Pulling the fuse, if I understood correctly, is effective only after you downgrade and get stuck at navi loading.
I have used CTP13 4.08 from first post. All links for other versions (3.15, 5.12, 6.22) are not working. Does anyone have them?
Also, any suggestion would be appreciated...

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi,
I have a bad luck with firmware downgrade from CTP15 to CTP13.
Car is a Fiat Freemont, an Europian version if Dodge Journey. After reaching a full bar on downgrade screen, "error on reflashing 0x 31A0" pops out. After confirming the message, radio starts normaly, navi is also working and I am still at CTP15.
I have read all previous posts. Tried number of different usb memories, no luck. Dont want to delete curent map because It's not soo big to cause any problem with lack of storage. Pulling the fuse, if I understood correctly, is effective only after you downgrade and get stuck at navi loading.
I have used CTP13 4.08 from first post. All links for other versions (3.15, 5.12, 6.22) are not working. Does anyone have them?
Also, any suggestion would be appreciated...
So i signed up just to reply. I downgraded my firmware today from 16 to 13. i used the 4.08 file. I followed the steps provided in OP. i couldn't restore my user data but the firmware went through. when i tried to restore data it said it couldnt be restored and rebooted the radio. after that i got the screen that wanted me to enter in the anti theft unlock code. Tried the firmware install again and it failed. tried user data restore and it failed.

I then shut the car off and opened the door to reset the system. Once back on all my stored stations were still available but nothing else was set. Audio, bluetooth were all reset. when checking the navigation my icons were blue and was able to see I was on CTP13.

I would start back at step one. reformat your USB stick. Then copy the folder with the file over or just mask a garmin folder and copy the file over. The naming has to be identical.

Get into dealer mode. you can bypass the copy user data and just do the firmware. I let mine complete and let it sit for a few minutes. Nothing ever says its complete other than the progress window disappears. Once you are comfortable with everything, make sure the car is off and open the driver side door to reset the system.

I just turned the vehicle on to acc and checked navi. icons were blue. go into settings and click about. should show as being on CPT13.

My nvi 2595 didnt have the gmapdem or gmap3d files so i picked up a 3590 which should have those files off ebay. was just going to pick up one of the drivesmart models but wasnt sure if the structure mattered or if it just has to be a garmin device. Hopefully this weekend I can install the newest map.

·
Registered
3 Posts
So i signed up just to reply. I downgraded my firmware today from 16 to 13. i used the 4.08 file. I followed the steps provided in OP. i couldn't restore my user data but the firmware went through. when i tried to restore data it said it couldnt be restored and rebooted the radio. after that i got the screen that wanted me to enter in the anti theft unlock code. Tried the firmware install again and it failed. tried user data restore and it failed.

I then shut the car off and opened the door to reset the system. Once back on all my stored stations were still available but nothing else was set. Audio, bluetooth were all reset. when checking the navigation my icons were blue and was able to see I was on CTP13.

I would start back at step one. reformat your USB stick. Then copy the folder with the file over or just mask a garmin folder and copy the file over. The naming has to be identical.

Get into dealer mode. you can bypass the copy user data and just do the firmware. I let mine complete and let it sit for a few minutes. Nothing ever says its complete other than the progress window disappears. Once you are comfortable with everything, make sure the car is off and open the driver side door to reset the system.

I just turned the vehicle on to acc and checked navi. icons were blue. go into settings and click about. should show as being on CPT13.

My nvi 2595 didnt have the gmapdem or gmap3d files so i picked up a 3590 which should have those files off ebay. was just going to pick up one of the drivesmart models but wasnt sure if the structure mattered or if it just has to be a garmin device. Hopefully this weekend I can install the newest map.
I dont know why did you quote my post, because you didn't replayed to it...
As I said, downgrade wasn't made because of the error 0x31A0...

·
Registered
6 Posts
I dont know why did you quote my post, because you didn't replayed to it...
As I said, downgrade wasn't made because of the error 0x31A0...
Because I had received the same error. That is what I did to fix it. I went back through all the steps and somehow it fixed itself.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Does anyone have a nuvi 3590? I do not have the files in the ASR folder. I copied the ones from the other garmin I had which should work but I reset the gps updated to the newest map and the asr files listed in the OP are not in there

·
Registered
1,929 Posts
Does anyone have a nuvi 3590? I do not have the files in the ASR folder. I copied the ones from the other garmin I had which should work but I reset the gps updated to the newest map and the asr files listed in the OP are not in there
That's what I used for mine, a 3590LM. Worked fine.

·
Registered
6 Posts
That's what I used for mine, a 3590LM. Worked fine.
I have all the files on the device but the files that should be in the ASR folder. tried the update with the files from the older garmin but dodge didnt like that for some reason. pulling the files out of the garmin folder to the desktop unlocking again and retrying. I didnt know how the ASR folder was supposed to populate if I reset the device but they havent yet.

·
Registered
6 Posts
so no matter what i seem to do i always get the maps cant install update error. I have tried every option triple checked my file structure and made sure they were unlocked. I have tried the disabled folders option and still cant install map updates. it goes through trying to validate and always has the same error. Any help is appreciated

Thanks

·
Registered
33 Posts
So you bricked it... There are a few types of brick. Really Hard brick, Hard brick and soft brick. Hard brick can be fixed by file gupdate.gcd (9,107kb) from your handheld Garmin or message me and I'll send it. Opening your car door is a myth a makes no difference. Upgrading to 2020 maps is 50/50 but 2019 is a sure thing. Very important! Anywhere thru your car update you car can move to the off position no matter what the time, just press the button back to run.

If this is to much and you still have your brick I'll buy it for $50. I pay shipping of course.

·
Registered
6 Posts
So you bricked it... There are a few types of brick. Really Hard brick, Hard brick and soft brick. Hard brick can be fixed by file gupdate.gcd (9,107kb) from your handheld Garmin or message me and I'll send it. Opening your car door is a myth a makes no difference. Upgrading to 2020 maps is 50/50 but 2019 is a sure thing. Very important! Anywhere thru your car update you car can move to the off position no matter what the time, just press the button back to run.

If this is to much and you still have your brick I'll buy it for $50. I pay shipping of course.

View attachment 297723
I actually managed to get it to recognize the map. went through the journey forum and saw to use a 256gb brand name usb stick. Bought an hp from amazon used a program to format it correctly, and it was able to recognize the map but was incompatible. had to strip it down to city navigator but did get it to work.

Thanks

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi. Very new to this forum. I got a Fiat Freemont 2014. Trying to figure out how to update the maps. I do live in Sweden so I understand that many of the filenames will not be the same. Got some questions then:
Must it be a Nuvi I get the maps from? I have a DriveSmart 60LM and all the folders are the same and most of the files to.
How can I know what files in the ASR, JCV and SID I should use? I guess they are connected to the region I am in?
I do have a Nuvi 52, bought in the US and only used there. So no European maps in it. Is it better if I get maps for that one instead and then take those out for the car?

Any help will be appreciated. Thanks.

·
Premium Member
2017 Dodge Charger R/T
2,505 Posts
Discussion Starter · #796 · (Edited)
THE FILE NAMES HAVE BEEN UPDATED FOR 2022.10

I am still waiting to get the large JCV file name!

·
Premium Member
2017 Dodge Charger R/T
2,505 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Large JCV file name updated!
Which file do we use, the instructions are a bit confusing because it references one file but two are listed:

6) Browse to the ".System\JCV" folder in the Nuvi and copy ONLY the following file into the "Garmin\JCV" folder on the USB stick:

D3191370A.JCV (03/17/2021)
Large JCV File D3060350A.JCV
*Note that this file name is ONLY for the 2022.10 map
**Note that there are three different versions of the JCV file, determined by size! The above listed is the MEDIUM sized one!

·
Registered
2013 Chrysler 300 S AWD
1 Posts
Which file do we use, the instructions are a bit confusing because it references one file but two are listed:

6) Browse to the ".System\JCV" folder in the Nuvi and copy ONLY the following file into the "Garmin\JCV" folder on the USB stick:

D3191370A.JCV (03/17/2021)
Large JCV File D3060350A.JCV
*Note that this file name is ONLY for the 2022.10 map
**Note that there are three different versions of the JCV file, determined by size! The above listed is the MEDIUM sized one!
Confused me as well, but I just used D3191370A.JCV and it worked perfectly :)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Sorry, need one more bit of help. I put all the files on the drive except for gmaptz.img and gmapbmap.img, i dont have those. I inserted the drive and the install ran for 2+ hours. In the end i got an error 0x 31A2 but then a message that said the install was successful. Problem is somethings way off. my shows nothing when i click on map info, completely blank, and when i look at the map it shows my car icon, town labels, but theres no roads at all.

Thoughts? any help would be super appreciated

781 - 800 of 821 Posts