Charger Forums banner

761 - 780 of 821 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Actually my problem was that I opened the door during the downgrade. Now that a replaced the GPS nav board, downgraded again, updated the maps and won't touch it anymore ... is all working as it should.
This might be the solution to my problem as well. Can you please provide information on how to replace the nav board? Where did you buy it? I found one HERE, but I am not sure if that's the one you got.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Actually a friend gave me a "dead" Uconnect head unit from his 14/15 Dodge Journey that he replaced. The most difficult part is to remove the unit from the dashboard without scratching anything (I covered the shift lever with a big microfiber cloth). To replace de nav board is plug and play, just remove some phillips screws and disconnect the antenna cable from the board. My board it on the top side, older software. My car is a Journey, but seems to be the same hardware.

I believe this chinese guys from Opuradio are the oem suppliers. You can even see a Garmin logo at the corner of the board on their website.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I purchased a nüvi 3597LMTHD however after updating the maps and moving the correct files over to a flash drive for the RB5. I noticed my ASR folder only has 3 .srd files. Why do I not see the .ASR & .SRX files? Has anyone else had this issue?

·
Registered
7 Posts
I purchased a nüvi 3597LMTHD however after updating the maps and moving the correct files over to a flash drive for the RB5. I noticed my ASR folder only has 3 .srd files. Why do I not see the .ASR & .SRX files? Has anyone else had this issue?
The way you worded this makes it seem like you are saying you had the ASR and SRX files in the folder, but they do not show up after you transfer to USB. Is that correct? If so, is the main Garmin folder the same size on your computer and USB drive? If it is, perhaps the files are hidden for some reason?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Good evening all

i bought a nuvi Garmin

I did all the update for have the latest map, after that I created a file Garmin

I transfered all the files from MICROSD to my new file, it was Garmin, Map and Id.text

After I try to install the other files as you said , I open nuvi and system

1/ I find all the gmap file

2/ JVC file is empty

3/ SID file, see pics the name of the file inside

4/ ASR file, see pics, not the same name

if someone can help me.

regards

PS: sorry I am french and my English not so good

·
Premium Member
2017 Dodge Charger R/T
2,505 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
First time updating maps on Charger SXT 2014. The CTP is 14. Any idea what would cause, "Map update was not installed successfully. Please retry update procedure or contact your dealer for assistance." ?
Thumb drive quality. In my case it didn't like my Sandisk, but liked a "xingling" one ... who knows ...

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi All - I'm new to the forum but have been using the map upgrade instructions from RScottyL at the beginning of this thread for a couple years and all the updates have worked great with no problems until now. I'm hoping someone can help me fix the problem. I've got an 8.4N/RB5 unit in my 2014 Dodge Journey. After the update my NAV unit is stuck on "Loading, please wait..." and when i try to reflash i get the 0x 31A0 error. I've tried multiple USB sticks. Process i used:
1) downgrade to CTP13. this was successful
2) build USB stick from Nuvi 3590LMT
3) radio validated stick and map upgrade started
4) map upgraded and completed (reached 100%) but did not give completion message
5) unit rebooted

now NAV screen is stuck on loading, please wait message. everything else works fine including voice recognition so assume ASR files and other parts of map update installed correctly. the next day while driving the car and on the radio screen it switched to the NAV screen by itself and gave the popup message box say that the "map update installed successfully" but the maps still don't load - still stuck on the loading, please wait message.

i hope i didn't brick my radio requiring a costly replacement. Any help with a fix for this problem would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Seems bricked to me :(
It actually started working again. 4 days later while driving it popped up a box saying "Your map update installed successfully" then switched to the NAV screen and the maps loaded and everything works. I suspect there is a corrupted file on the drive. I'm going through them with the hidden menu file manager described in post #594 on page 30 of this thread to try and figure it out before re-running the update.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I couldn't find any issues so I assume one of the files was corrupted and/or didn't load correctly. I built a new USB stick
from my Nuvi and reinstalled the 2021.30 maps and everything went fine this time. Also reinstalled CTP17 after the upgrade with no issues

·
Premium Member
41 Posts
Just about
User Data Copy Failed - happens every time I try to backup/copy user data. I wrote about this a long time ago and no one at that time had seen the error before. I figured I'd post again and include a screen capture.

I tried different flash drives and even formatting them as FAT32 with 16Kb and the standard 4096Kb allocation unit size.

Steps to reproduce:
I updated to the latest maps. All went well. Wasn't able to backup my favorites due to the error shown below. So I rebuilt them after the map upgrade. After rebuilding them, I was able to back them up, the first time only. I started adding more favorites (just a handful) and tried backing them up and got the same error. The only thing I can think of that I do that maybe others don't do is, for each favorite - I remove the category (i.e. fuel, shopping, etc.) so I can see all the favorites without having to choose a category.
View attachment 292436

Anyone else ever seen this error before?
Just about to update my maps again - thought I'd check back and see if anyone has ever seen the error I get - User Data Copy Failed. (Garmin)

·
Premium Member
2017 Dodge Charger R/T
2,505 Posts
Discussion Starter · #775 ·
Just about

Just about to update my maps again - thought I'd check back and see if anyone has ever seen the error I get - User Data Copy Failed. (Garmin)
So, is it ONLY happening when you are trying to backup your data?

Does the rest of the map update process go well?

·
Registered
95 Posts
Hi All - I'm new to the forum but have been using the map upgrade instructions from RScottyL at the beginning of this thread for a couple years and all the updates have worked great with no problems until now. I'm hoping someone can help me fix the problem. I've got an 8.4N/RB5 unit in my 2014 Dodge Journey. After the update my NAV unit is stuck on "Loading, please wait..." and when i try to reflash i get the 0x 31A0 error. I've tried multiple USB sticks. Process i used:
1) downgrade to CTP13. this was successful
2) build USB stick from Nuvi 3590LMT
3) radio validated stick and map upgrade started
4) map upgraded and completed (reached 100%) but did not give completion message
5) unit rebooted

now NAV screen is stuck on loading, please wait message. everything else works fine including voice recognition so assume ASR files and other parts of map update installed correctly. the next day while driving the car and on the radio screen it switched to the NAV screen by itself and gave the popup message box say that the "map update installed successfully" but the maps still don't load - still stuck on the loading, please wait message.

i hope i didn't brick my radio requiring a costly replacement. Any help with a fix for this problem would be greatly appreciated.

View attachment 296523

View attachment 296524
Happened to me once - couldn't work out what caused it to 'fix itself' months later. Turns out it was when the battery got disconnected - if it does it again, which it will, pull the radio fuse count 3 elephants and put the fuse back. Then wait for a minute or two and it will come back

·
Registered
95 Posts
Just about

I've had the same issue and eventually gave up, deciding that updated maps were worth the hassle. Think the forums say the drive needs to be completely empty

·
Registered
95 Posts
Did the latest upgrade today, downgraded from CF17 to 13, upgraded maps, upgrade from CF13 to 17 all in just over an hour. No need to pull the radio fuse this time and all seems OK

·
Premium Member
2017 Dodge Charger R/T
2,505 Posts
Discussion Starter · #780 ·
Did the latest upgrade today, downgraded from CF17 to 13, upgraded maps, upgrade from CF13 to 17 all in just over an hour. No need to pull the radio fuse this time and all seems OK
Great! Very glad to hear!

761 - 780 of 821 Posts