. │ D3191320A.JCV
. │
. └───SID
. D2656340A.SID
. D3406300A.SID

·
Registered
85 Posts
No guarantees unfortunately, the Kingston that worked for mike2610 and Dirty Mo Posse didn't work for me. It literally took me months to get this done the first time. At one stage I thought I had bricked the Nav so left it alone for a couple more months. Turns out you may have to pull the radio fuse sometimes after the firmware up/downgrade as the radio gets stuck.

·
Registered
14 Posts
That's very weird the only files I had to go into to the asr folder was 06fl400w.srx, 06fl400x.asr,and 06fl40p0.asr

·
Registered
85 Posts
Mines a Journey R/T and its under the glove box - top line, third in from the right. Used to be a PITA to pull from the drivers seat but I can do it now standing on my head :p

It will be in the owners manual, you can find a pdf version via google easily enough

·
Registered
14 Posts
Dang is there any possible way you can provide me with just the asr files some how? I'm not really sure what to do I my GPS isnt showing the ones posted in the post for some odd reason

·
Registered
85 Posts
if your gps isn't providing them you will need to locate a regular source I'm afraid

Google is your friend for these, that is the best route to go.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hey guys i just wanted to let u know I appreciate your help I got it to work. As a matter of fact the asr files are not all needed just the 2 asr and srx files were needed. I got it to work with a SanDisk ultra usb 3.0 32gb.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hello all;

I am tired of have to scrape the Internet to get update files for my vehicle's nav. I know that there are several Garmin navigators that take all the update files required and I have the support software to unlock the maps. But aside from the 3490, what other models can I use that will download the full complement of files?

Alternatively, and ideally, if some has one of these units I would appreciate getting a copy of the garmindevice.xml file, which would save the all of the problems of locating a unit and hoping it doesn't die.

Please message me with your advice and input.

Best regards

Fred
Hey man check your email and sorry for wait don't want you to think I forgot you

·
Registered
85 Posts
Hey guys i just wanted to let u know I appreciate your help I got it to work. As a matter of fact the asr files are not all needed just the 2 asr and srx files were needed. I got it to work with a SanDisk ultra usb 3.0 32gb.
Nice work!!!

·
Premium Member
40 Posts
User Data Copy Failed - happens every time I try to backup/copy user data. I wrote about this a long time ago and no one at that time had seen the error before. I figured I'd post again and include a screen capture.

I tried different flash drives and even formatting them as FAT32 with 16Kb and the standard 4096Kb allocation unit size.

Steps to reproduce:
I updated to the latest maps. All went well. Wasn't able to backup my favorites due to the error shown below. So I rebuilt them after the map upgrade. After rebuilding them, I was able to back them up, the first time only. I started adding more favorites (just a handful) and tried backing them up and got the same error. The only thing I can think of that I do that maybe others don't do is, for each favorite - I remove the category (i.e. fuel, shopping, etc.) so I can see all the favorites without having to choose a category.

Anyone else ever seen this error before?

721 - 736 of 736 Posts