Charger Forums banner

701 - 720 of 736 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Make sure you read through the thread before you start, so you are less likely to brick your radio

Yes, you need to downgrade to 13 first

·
Registered
28 Posts
Hello all;

I am tired of have to scrape the Internet to get update files for my vehicle's nav. I know that there are several Garmin navigators that take all the update files required and I have the support software to unlock the maps. But aside from the 3490, what other models can I use that will download the full complement of files?

Alternatively, and ideally, if some has one of these units I would appreciate getting a copy of the garmindevice.xml file, which would save the all of the problems of locating a unit and hoping it doesn't die.

Please message me with your advice and input.

Best regards

Fred

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hello all;

I am tired of have to scrape the Internet to get update files for my vehicle's nav. I know that there are several Garmin navigators that take all the update files required and I have the support software to unlock the maps. But aside from the 3490, what other models can I use that will download the full complement of files?

Alternatively, and ideally, if some has one of these units I would appreciate getting a copy of the garmindevice.xml file, which would save the all of the problems of locating a unit and hoping it doesn't die.

Please message me with your advice and input.

Best regards

Fred
If someone doesn't message you already with the files I don't mind dude. As soon as I get my Garmin which will be like 2 to 3 days I'll hit you up.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Hi,

Firstly thanks for all the great info/steps you have pulled together to make the upgrades possible for us mere mortals!

How do you work out which files are required for each upgrade?

Cheers

Foden

·
Registered
14 Posts
Guys I need help I've tried to get this working and for some reason I can't. I am on firmware 13 and I've done everything the post says it keeps saying something about cannot update and take it to the dealer. I've tried 2 different flash drives so far.

·
Registered
85 Posts
You'll have to go through all the USB's you have and keep trying, this is THE most frustrating part of the entire process. The upgrade will only work when your unit sees a USB (FAT32) that it looks - it's mental

Good luck and stick at it

·
Registered
14 Posts
Do I need all 5 files in the main folder? Gmap3d, gmapbmap, gmapden, gmapprom, and gmaptz? Or just 3 of them?

·
Registered
85 Posts
Can't recall exactly how many USB's i went through but it's in this thread somewhere almost 20, mike 2610 went through a similar amount. You just have to follow the original notes exactly and be persistent

·
Registered
15 Posts
As Foden said it's trial and error with the USB sticks. I got lucky and the Kingston Data Traveller that I linked a page back or so worked perfectly the 1st try.

Good luck.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Well it's weird in the asr folder I only had 3 things to go in there not 4 but in the sid folder I had like 4 but only put the 2 like in the original post is there a certain usb that I can buy that you know will work I only 4 flash drives lol.

701 - 720 of 736 Posts