Charger Forums banner
441 - 452 of 452 Posts

·
Registered
2011 Charger R/T AWD
3 Posts
Hi Eagle7. Perfect, please keep me in the loop. I've been playing around with the Gmaptool, there are some functions where you can split, modify and rejoin the img file. I will keep trying to see if I can reduce the size of the 2022.25 and have our early CTP11 accept it.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hi Eagle7. Perfect, please keep me in the loop. I've been playing around with the Gmaptool, there are some functions where you can split, modify and rejoin the img file. I will keep trying to see if I can reduce the size of the 2022.25 and have our early CTP11 accept it.
Thank you djalbin. Successfully confirmed that 2021.30 maps work. Unable to update ASR/JCV due to lack of space, immediately throws code 0x31A2.

·
Registered
2011 Charger R/T AWD
3 Posts
Thank you to both Eagle7 and djalbin! I also can confirm that the 2021.30 maps loaded on to a CTP11 successfully. Now the next step is to get later revisions working. There must be some reason why the CTP11 doesn't like modified maps. There must be some parameter that I am missing, or goes missing when I modify an original map that causes an incompatible map error. I will keep trying at it, but if anyone comes across any info with regards to this error please let me know. It appears the CTP12's don't have this issue, only the CTP11's. Currently I have been experimenting with Mapinstall and Gtoolmap using source files from my 2495LMT. If I try loading the full mapset of 2022.25, it validates but eventually fails due to lack of memory. But if I use Mapinstall to get the file size down, it won't validate and throws a map incompatible error. If I use GMaptool to split the img, remove some maps and rejoin the img, it appears to validate, but then comes with an error that the maps were not install correctly and to redo the process. I am pretty sure that modifying the newer files to get them smaller and have our CTP11's is possible, but I think I am just missing a small piece. Also another option which would be a bit more invasive, would be to look at the Garmin module in the CTP11 and see if there is a way to replace it with one that has a larger memory, or to actually replace the memory chipset on the garmin board. That would be a lot of work, but I believe that would work also. If anyone who reads this has any information please pass it on to me, I know this can be solved someway or another. It seems we are on our own as our vehicles are no longer supported by the manufactures for map updates.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Thank you to both Eagle7 and djalbin! I also can confirm that the 2021.30 maps loaded on to a CTP11 successfully. Now the next step is to get later revisions working. There must be some reason why the CTP11 doesn't like modified maps. There must be some parameter that I am missing, or goes missing when I modify an original map that causes an incompatible map error. I will keep trying at it, but if anyone comes across any info with regards to this error please let me know. It appears the CTP12's don't have this issue, only the CTP11's. Currently I have been experimenting with Mapinstall and Gtoolmap using source files from my 2495LMT. If I try loading the full mapset of 2022.25, it validates but eventually fails due to lack of memory. But if I use Mapinstall to get the file size down, it won't validate and throws a map incompatible error. If I use GMaptool to split the img, remove some maps and rejoin the img, it appears to validate, but then comes with an error that the maps were not install correctly and to redo the process. I am pretty sure that modifying the newer files to get them smaller and have our CTP11's is possible, but I think I am just missing a small piece. Also another option which would be a bit more invasive, would be to look at the Garmin module in the CTP11 and see if there is a way to replace it with one that has a larger memory, or to actually replace the memory chipset on the garmin board. That would be a lot of work, but I believe that would work also. If anyone who reads this has any information please pass it on to me, I know this can be solved someway or another. It seems we are on our own as our vehicles are no longer supported by the manufactures for map updates.
I've replaced a 2016 garmin board into a 2012 radio without issues. Haven't tried 2011, just know that the radio boards are slightly different between 2011-12. Soldering should work, it's tedious work though. Please remember that radio/navi software updates are independent and VIN (year) specific. Always retain source VIN info when swapping to avoid bricking the device when flashing incorrect software.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Alright alright alright....I come with gifts!! After much screwing around with the 2023.10 map release I have created an IMG that will work on EARLY model 430N RHB units. I have a 2011 Jeep Patriot that I bought soon after it was launched and have one of the earlier units. Previously the newest map update I could install was 2021.30. 2022.25 would not work and trying to install the 2022.10 unmodified was a no-go. I figured it was too big at just over 4gb so I gave it a trim by cutting out Canada/Mexico...basically anything that isn't part of the 50 states.

Yes - I know people have released chopped down versions of map updates but from what I've seen they always screw it up and shit is improperly named, versions aren't set, product codes are wrong, etc etc. To top it off they then add insult to injury an insist on hosting their creation on the SLOWEST file hosts known to man. Annoying.

Ok down to what you need to know...

1) Installed the modified gmapprom.img on to my radio that is running firmware 33.02.01. I didn't bother trying to install it with the new JCV (YET) but I've included it anyway if you want to try yourself. I suggest starting without and going from there.

2) As I mentioned...trimmed the map fat. I did a lot of work in GmapTool to make sure settings and structure were as close to the 2021.30 map update as I could get it. EX: mapset name is properly set to "CN North America NT 2023.10 ALL" - not "Bahamas, South Carolina, Georgia" or whatever the hell some of these other modified image releases have come out with in the past.

3) The IMG file clocks in at 2.93 GB (3,150,905,344 bytes). Yep that is less than 2021.30 and under 4GB so if you want to go back in and add some of the stuff I removed...you have room to do so.

4) Format USB, Garmin folder, put in IMG inside folder. That's it. Don't rename it. If you think you need to rename to gmapsupp or whatever then this post isn't for you. This is for people with early NAVs that won't take gmapsupp updates.

5) You'll probably need Jetmouse at some point (I did once early in development) but rest assured this IMG is unlocked.

That is it. If this doesn't work for you then I don't know what to tell you. I did clear NonVol memory through the engineering menu a few times during the course of building this so if you hit a snag then try that shrug If I remember correctly I had just flashed my firmware from 33.01.23 and then cleared it before trying to update. Also...you might need to try flashing twice if you get a PND Update failed the first time....I should have taken notes LOL

Anyway enjoy. Post questions here and I'll try to check in. If I get around to testing the JCV update and it works I'll post here.

Tap

DOWNLOAD LINKS - faster than your average bear!!

2023.10-MINE.rar - AnonFiles

https://1fichier.com/?fgotod0cjph84iel0ixs

2023.10-MINE

·
Registered
3 Posts
good evening my ctp12 rb6 garmin gps stuck at loop boot after successful validation & update to map 2022.10 ...what a luck, i want old GUPDATE.GCD to downgrade gps to older firmware version lower than 4.14 ,,, like 3.xx in order to boot and delete problematic files

can any one share older firmware GUPDATE.GCD for CTP12

·
Registered
1 Posts
Alright alright alright....I come with gifts!! After much screwing around with the 2023.10 map release I have created an IMG that will work on EARLY model 430N RHB units. I have a 2011 Jeep Patriot that I bought soon after it was launched and have one of the earlier units. Previously the newest map update I could install was 2021.30. 2022.25 would not work and trying to install the 2022.10 unmodified was a no-go. I figured it was too big at just over 4gb so I gave it a trim by cutting out Canada/Mexico...basically anything that isn't part of the 50 states.

Yes - I know people have released chopped down versions of map updates but from what I've seen they always screw it up and shit is improperly named, versions aren't set, product codes are wrong, etc etc. To top it off they then add insult to injury an insist on hosting their creation on the SLOWEST file hosts known to man. Annoying.

Ok down to what you need to know...

1) Installed the modified gmapprom.img on to my radio that is running firmware 33.02.01. I didn't bother trying to install it with the new JCV (YET) but I've included it anyway if you want to try yourself. I suggest starting without and going from there.

2) As I mentioned...trimmed the map fat. I did a lot of work in GmapTool to make sure settings and structure were as close to the 2021.30 map update as I could get it. EX: mapset name is properly set to "CN North America NT 2023.10 ALL" - not "Bahamas, South Carolina, Georgia" or whatever the hell some of these other modified image releases have come out with in the past.

3) The IMG file clocks in at 2.93 GB (3,150,905,344 bytes). Yep that is less than 2021.30 and under 4GB so if you want to go back in and add some of the stuff I removed...you have room to do so.

4) Format USB, Garmin folder, put in IMG inside folder. That's it. Don't rename it. If you think you need to rename to gmapsupp or whatever then this post isn't for you. This is for people with early NAVs that won't take gmapsupp updates.

5) You'll probably need Jetmouse at some point (I did once early in development) but rest assured this IMG is unlocked.

That is it. If this doesn't work for you then I don't know what to tell you. I did clear NonVol memory through the engineering menu a few times during the course of building this so if you hit a snag then try that shrug If I remember correctly I had just flashed my firmware from 33.01.23 and then cleared it before trying to update. Also...you might need to try flashing twice if you get a PND Update failed the first time....I should have taken notes LOL

Anyway enjoy. Post questions here and I'll try to check in. If I get around to testing the JCV update and it works I'll post here.

Tap

DOWNLOAD LINKS - faster than your average bear!!

2023.10-MINE.rar - AnonFiles

1fichier.com: Cloud Storage

2023.10-MINE
Hi, would it be possible to ask you to create a separate image for Canada as well? I'm ready to thank reasonably :).

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi. I'm new here. I have an RB5 running CTP2011. I bought a nuvi 2597LMT to update my maps. The only update that it offers is 2023.10. From reading the forum, that's too large for CTP2011. I see that 2021.30 has been successfully loaded to the 11 software. Can I get that 2021.30 version for my nuvi through garmin express somehow? Does someone have the file names and folder structure for the 2021.30 map? I'm not a computer person so any help I can get would be appreciated!
2011 Journey RB5 running CTP2011

Peace.

·
Registered
3,415 Posts
Garmin Express only offers the latest map files for downloading to the Nuvi device. 2023.10 is the latest (most recent) maps.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello! I'm new here! I need some help. Could someone make it so i can update from pendrive? (so I mean ready-made software). Of course I would pay for it! I have a European Chrysler:Lancia Thema LX 2013, CTP2012, Software Version: 4.14
Thank you!

441 - 452 of 452 Posts