Charger Forums banner

341 - 351 of 351 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Thank you djalbin for your answer, yes, I can select View Map and it seems to show the basemap or an old version of the oem map I guess...

·
Registered
1,979 Posts
If you're able to use the GPS/maps, but can't update them, there's only about three options that I know. One is to continue using the Nav as-is with whatever map is currently installed. Another is to reset the Uconnect unit to the factory settings, reload the Uconnect software updates, and attempt to update the maps. Another is to free up map memory space and attempt to update the maps.
I don't know if the factory reset or freeing up memory will fix the problem, make it worse, or not fix anything.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Ok, ok, how is the procedure to reset the Uconnect unit to the factory settings in a CTP12? and to free up map memory space I have to install Just the gmapprom.img file (in the Garmin folder), is that's right? Thank you a lot my friend for your help!

·
Registered
1,979 Posts
The only file required to initiate an update is gmapprom.img. The Garmin folder with only this file will "clean out" the flash memory of the Garmin module. Once you update with gmapprom.img, all of the other map files are deleted, so it frees up enough memory to do the complete install. If the gmapprom.img update is successful you can then do a complete update with all the files and folders.

The other option is the Garmin Recovery Update. This procedure uses Dealer Mode on the Uconnect to install the map. With the Start button in the RUN position, and the Uconnect at the Off/Home screen, push & hold the following three HVAC hard-buttons at the same time (front defrost, driver-side temp buttons ... the up/down hot/cold buttons). After a few seconds time the Dealer Mode screen will be displayed. One of the menu items is Garmin Recovery Update. If you select it, it will ask you to insert the USB device that has the map files.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Oh buddy i'll try to install the map from dealer Mode! Sincerally, thanks for your time helping me and giving some ideas to do this. Regards!

·
Registered
1,979 Posts
The caveat is that I have not personally used the Garmin Recovery Update. I have accessed the menu so I know the procedure to display it works. Beyond that ... I don't know. You may want to research it further before using it. Let us know out it works out if you decide to just go for it.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi Everyone,

Long time reader, first time poster...

Attempting to do the 2020.30 update using my Nuvi 3590, which I've been using for the last two years. I found all the files on my Nuvi except for 06CPIQRM.asr and 06CPIQRN.asr. Has anyone run into this problem? If for some reason they're not on my Nuvi, where can I get them?

Thanks in advance for the help!

·
Registered
1,979 Posts
I have a Nuvi 2595LM, so the files I receive on my Nuvi may be different than what you receive for the Nuvi 3590. The "asr" files are the speech recognition files (voice command files). I assume being in the USA the 3590 would normally receive all the asr files (06CPIQRL.asr, 06CPIQRM.asr, 06CPIQRN.asr). You can look in the "Garmin" directory of the 3590 file system. There's a file named "GarminDevice.xml". Open this file and it will display all the files that are suppose to be on your Nuvi. Scan down to the entry for ".System/ASR" and a filename of "es_US.srd". Below this entry is a part number entry and below that the filename entries. There should be entries for 06CPIQRL.asr, 06CPIQRM.asr, 06CPIQRN.asr and Garmin Express should have downloaded/installed them on the Nuvi. If any of the "asr" filenames are not in the GarminDevice.xml file, Garmin Express did not install them on the Nuvi.

·
Registered
2 Posts
There should be entries for 06CPIQRL.asr, 06CPIQRM.asr, 06CPIQRN.asr and Garmin Express should have downloaded/installed them on the Nuvi. If any of the "asr" filenames are not in the GarminDevice.xml file, Garmin Express did not install them on the Nuvi.
If they are not in the GarminDevice.xml file, is that going to cause a problem when I do the update in my car?

·
Registered
1,979 Posts
I have always installed all three "asr" files to the Uconnect so I don't what happens if you leave any of them out.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hi all!
I want to ask if this ever happened to you and if you know how to solve the problem of the message "The map update provided is not compatible with your navigation system.
Current Map: 1
Update Map: CN North America NT 2020.20 ALL2 ".
The firmware is a CTP12 software version 2.70, it does not have detailed maps, only a base map.
I honestly don't know what to do.
Thank you! View attachment 291126 View attachment 291125 View attachment 291127
I had this happen on mine when I tried to update to North America 2020.30. I couldn't get it to work changing usb drives, and adding or removing files.
But alas I was able to get the 2020.10 update to take. I had to find it online and download. Then followed the steps in the first thread. I should mention that I had to add the 4th asr file. It's *****O.asr. And I had to pull the radio fuse and reinstall it prior to doing the update.

341 - 351 of 351 Posts