Charger Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2017 5.L Daytona and ive been looking into the hood scoops.

Mine does not have an air channel and I'm wondering why. Does anyone know what parts I would need to make the hood actually functional.

You can see in my picture vs. a googled image.
Automotive parking light Automotive tail & brake light Car Grille Automotive lighting

Hood Green Automotive design Automotive exterior Sports equipment

·
Registered
2,976 Posts
Whats the top, painted side of the hood look like?

·
Registered
756 Posts
I have a 2017 5.L Daytona and ive been looking into the hood scoops.

Mine does not have an air channel and I'm wondering why. Does anyone know what parts I would need to make the hood actually functional.

You can see in my picture vs. a googled image. View attachment 300627
View attachment 300629
Do you realize the Sublime green car in the second photo is not a Charger? 😂 It’s a Challenger. A T/A model if I’m not mistaken. No Chargers have that opening. The scoop on your Daytona is fully functional.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Do you realize the Sublime green car in the second photo is not a Charger? 😂 It’s a Challenger. A T/A model if I’m not mistaken. No Chargers have that opening. The scoop on your Daytona is fully functional.
Would that not fit under a charger hood? Seems like it would get a lot more to the intake compared to what I have.

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
Do you realize the Sublime green car in the second photo is not a Charger? It’s a Challenger. A T/A model if I’m not mistaken. No Chargers have that opening. The scoop on your Daytona is fully functional.
The scoop on the T/A is the exact same as on the other cars. Right in the middle. It just has ducts to "direct" the air to the top of the filter box.

·
Registered
756 Posts
The scoop on the T/A is the exact same as on the other cars. Right in the middle. It just has ducts to "direct" the air to the top of the filter box.
I know that.

·
Registered
756 Posts
You said Chargers don't have that opening. I was clarifying that they do.
The OP was asking about the duct work that channels air to the opening on the underside of the hood over the the air box. I guess they left mine off at the factory.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yeah thats what im looking to figure out. The ducts that direct the air, can I add one to my hood and what is the name of the part?

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
Yeah thats what im looking to figure out. The ducts that direct the air, can I add one to my hood and what is the name of the part?
Unless you have the Mopar CAI that goes along with it. Your stock closed airbox will work better.

It's $600 for the kit...

I'm not even sure the measurements on the Charger are close enough to the Challenger to make it work.

A Hellcat lower airbox is a LOT cheaper and isn't funneling rain water directly onto your air filter.

·
Registered
2,976 Posts
Doesn't the Daytona come with the blue cone Mopar air filter, or is that just the 6.4s?

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
Doesn't the Daytona come with the blue cone Mopar air filter, or is that just the 6.4s?
I have no clue. If it does, would it be the same lower as the T/A kit?

Sorry, I was never tempted enough to research any more than what I shared. Kinda moot point on my car

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I have no clue. If it does, would it be the same lower as the T/A kit?

Sorry, I was never tempted enough to research any more than what I shared. Kinda moot point on my car
It does have the CAI.

I was just confused when I saw how the challenger had the air duct under the hood and wanted to see if I can get one on the Charger.
Hood Automotive design Automotive exterior Automotive battery Electronic device

1 - 14 of 14 Posts