Charger Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everyone,

I was wondering if there was some type of cover or film that can distort the 2011 - 2014 charger LED tail lights such that they look like a solid line of light similar to the 2014 chargers, challengers, and more recent Audis.

·
Premium Member
2017 Dodge Charger R/T
2,504 Posts

·
Registered
562 Posts
You can probably custom fabricate it, but I happen to like the racetrack tail how it is.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You can probably custom fabricate it, but I happen to like the racetrack tail how it is.
I was thinking maybe some privacy tint film, but I'm not sure how the adhesive would react to the plastic tails. I like the like both looks, but I think the solid line is just sleeker. It's one of the reasons that I've always liked BMW halos.

·
Registered
562 Posts
I was thinking maybe some privacy tint film, but I'm not sure how the adhesive would react to the plastic tails. I like the like both looks, but I think the solid line is just sleeker. It's one of the reasons that I've always liked BMW halos.
It just seems overplayed by now :/

·
Registered
2,659 Posts
Man the charger tail lights are awesome the way they are! The new durangos have more of a solid line...but with the chargers you know what car is in front of you from miles way.

Tons of other car companies are now "copying" the racetrack tail light styling dodge brought to the table.

·
Premium Member
17,450 Posts
You need a "diffuser" lens to even out the individual LED lighting. It's what they have done on the 2015 Charger so they could use fewer individual LED bulbs.

The hard part is that the diffuser lens needs to be placed inside the red plastic cover. You will need to do a custom job of removing the stock red lens cover, adding the diffuser film (or plastic sheet) to the inside over the LED are and put it all back together.

Diffuser film looks like this...

Behind the red stock lens, it will look like this...

Attachments

Reactions: beaton25

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks DDaddy. If I can find someone with the skills to do it, then that'll be my next significant mod.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts