Charger Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So for all you RT owners, if you are looking for a way to lower your performance then add an SRT exhaust to your car. I did yesterday, and so far my car seems slower, my MPG's are lower and the exhaust is rattling against the brace. So I think I'm gonna go for the Borla.

·
Registered
676 Posts
I don't think that one days worth of testing is enough to make an informed decision imo. As for the rattling all you need to do is jack the car up and push the x-pipe up and re-tighten the bolts so that it isn't resting on the brace I would think.

·
Registered
6,299 Posts
So for all you RT owners, if you are looking for a way to lower your performance then add an SRT exhaust to your car. I did yesterday, and so far my car seems slower, my MPG's are lower and the exhaust is rattling against the brace. So I think I'm gonna go for the Borla.
Well I guess thanks for telling us what not to do :confused:

·
Registered
2,847 Posts
Dont get too discouraged. These babies take some time to adjust to different different mods. She'll pep up I'm sure.
Should be an easy adjustment to get the exhaust to stop rattlin

·
Registered
9,031 Posts
Did you do the Fuse 11 reset? I immediately noticed a small, but significant difference on mine after I added the R/T exhaust! Butt-dyno said the power went up by at least 10%! :grin: My mileage is a little lower, but that's more due to the ... ummm... driver. hehe

·
Registered
3,886 Posts
I almost find it hard to believe that you felt any difference in performance. Most people don't feel a difference in performance either which way with exhaust.

·
Registered
12,630 Posts
even a 10hp gain is going to be all in your head if you "notice" it... IMO

·
Registered
298 Posts
Mine sounds deeper at idle and seemed to be more sluggish when first installed, but mine runs really good now-better than ever. Maybe because my Daytona exhaust had about 5K miles on it and the SRT only had 1K on it when I swapped them - now I have more mileage.

As for the mpg...mine blows because I don't believe in MDS, I always have my foot in it.

Currently, my Daytona is running like a champ!

·
Registered
1 Posts
I recently picked up the exhaust (headers to tips) off of a SRT8. Did you have any problems with the 6.1 headers fitting the 5.7 engine. Everthing else looks like it will fit.

·
Registered
708 Posts
If it's rattling, it's because you did something wrong. If it's not installed correctly, you may notice a difference in the performance.

·
Registered
2,784 Posts
Pull fuse 11 and give a few weeks for it to really adjust. My car drove like poop when I did some exhaust work, and many months later I couldn't be happier with how she feels when I get on the throttle. :)

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Well I tried to repair the issues, but it couldn't be done with the exhaust on the car so I pulled it off. Knowing what I know now, I'm going to cut 3 inches off the SRT8 Exhaust, weld on the adapters and then re-install it. It will definitely fit cleanly after that, however I do not know if it will perform any better.

·
Registered
2,784 Posts
Well I tried to repair the issues, but it couldn't be done with the exhaust on the car so I pulled it off. Knowing what I know now, I'm going to cut 3 inches off the SRT8 Exhaust, weld on the adapters and then re-install it. It will definitely fit cleanly after that, however I do not know if it will perform any better.
Give it 500 miles. With all the computer systems that control engine performace, bolt on's screw the harmony that they create and it takes some time for the computers to restore balance.

·
Registered
13,502 Posts
Give it 500 miles. With all the computer systems that control engine performace, bolt on's screw the harmony that they create and it takes some time for the computers to restore balance.
All will be good in the Force my son

1 - 14 of 14 Posts