Charger Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I WAS WONDERING IF THERE IS SOME KIND OF SPRAY TO KEEP MY ENGINE AND STUF UNDER THE HOOD CLEAN AND BRIGHT, I DONT HAVE A BACKYARD SO I CAN'T WASH MY OWN CAR, BUT I CAN MAKE SOME DETAILING IN MY PARKING WITHOUT THE FRIKING MANAGER CALLING ME THE ATTENTION
SO BASICLY I CAN SPRAY AND WIPE, NO WATER RUNNING

HOW DO YOU DO GUYS TO KEEP IT CLEAN????
:confused: :confused: :confused:

THANKS

·
Super Moderator
11,766 Posts
I WAS WONDERING IF THERE IS SOME KIND OF SPRAY TO KEEP MY ENGINE AND STUF UNDER THE HOOD CLEAN AND BRIGHT, I DONT HAVE A BACKYARD SO I CAN'T WASH MY OWN CAR, BUT I CAN MAKE SOME DETAILING IN MY PARKING WITHOUT THE FRIKING MANAGER CALLING ME THE ATTENTION
SO BASICLY I CAN SPRAY AND WIPE, NO WATER RUNNING

HOW DO YOU DO GUYS TO KEEP IT CLEAN????
:confused: :confused: :confused:

THANKS
I use Armorall Fierce Tire Foam for everything plastic under the hood (engine cover, fuse box cover, plastic trim, CAI, etc.) and for painted surfaces I just use plain water and towel dry after each wash.

Here are some pics:

-=FLEX=-

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
HUMMMM
Armorall Fierce Tire Foam ?
IS NOT THAT FOR TIRES? TIRES ARE RUBER, NOT PLASTIC. GOD KNOWS WHAT KIND OF REACTION ARE WE MAKING, I WILL WAIT FOR MORE POSTS BEFORE TRY YOUR ADVICE,
I REALY APRECIATE IT ANYWAY, THANKS ALSO FOR THE PICTURE, LOOKS EXACTLY WHAT I WANT,
LET'S SEE WHAT ELSE YOU GUYS USE

·
Super Moderator
11,766 Posts
HUMMMM
Armorall Fierce Tire Foam ?
IS NOT THAT FOR TIRES? TIRES ARE RUBER, NOT PLASTIC. GOD KNOWS WHAT KIND OF REACTION ARE WE MAKING, I WILL WAIT FOR MORE POSTS BEFORE TRY YOUR ADVICE,
I REALY APRECIATE IT ANYWAY, THANKS ALSO FOR THE PICTURE, LOOKS EXACTLY WHAT I WANT,
LET'S SEE WHAT ELSE YOU GUYS USE
I know of other people on this forum that use tire shine foam on the engine bay. It's not tire cleaner; just the shine foam. I spray it on a rag and wipe; I don't foam the whole engine bay.

·
Registered
6,299 Posts
I know of other people on this forum that use tire shine foam on the engine bay. It's not tire cleaner; just the shine foam. I spray it on a rag and wipe; I don't foam the whole engine bay.
I agree..as I do the same

·
Registered
2,023 Posts
I foam the whole bay with tire foam. Been doing it for years. Why would it hurt anything, it's not acid. Let it dry and wipe off any excess. Then hose it down again lightly, and wipe off the excess water. Quick, easy, and it looks like a new car. And it smells good, too. Don't worry, you're not going to kill it.

·
Super Moderator
11,766 Posts
man, I'm glad I found this thread, I've been wondering about this for a while, since I'd like to get my engine compartment all cleaned up before I turn off the outside water for the winter
Trust me; the tire foam thing works. After the first time you clean the bay, each time after takes less than 5 minutes. I just use a damp cloth to remove and dust and/or water, then re-apply a little tire shine foam to the engine cover, etc. My engine bay looks cleaner than when I picked the car up spanking new from the dealer.

·
Registered
183 Posts
The last step when washing the car, I pop the hood and spray everything down, including the painted underside of the hood, with spot free rinse to get rid of any soap spray that got in while washing. Then I just wipe everything down with micro-fiber towels. The key is to keep it clean rather than letting it get all messed up and trying to revive it. My engine compartment still looks like new. (oh wait, it is less than a year old) :)

I've heard of the tire-foam thing though, just never tried it.

·
Registered
230 Posts
does the tire foam stuff leave a residue? i dont want more dirt sticking than before.

·
Premium Member
5,466 Posts
I just use water and micro fiber, never let anything stay long on the engine anway!:smoke:

Attachments

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
ok ok, tire shine foam will be
this weekend i will take the car to the carwash, i will ask to the manager to clean the engine with water presure by my self and then i foam a little back in my building.
thanks everybody, nice pictures

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.