Charger Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to go to the 1/4 mile track next week since the weather is cooler but I've noticed that since it has cooled off (and I've gotten the B&G II and Zoomers) I have a hard time with traction.

Even when I roll off the line, after brake-torqueing to 1200 RPM or so, as soon as I give it full throttle I'm fishtailing with wheelspin up 40 MPH. Kinda cool but I can't get a good 0-60 time on my EVIC (unless 2.4 seconds is accurate:lol:)

What are some other options/methods I should consider for a low E.T. at the track?

·
Banned
8,603 Posts
Lower the rear tires pressure to 22 lbs (for practice and the track)....raise the front tires to 45 lbs (only at the track)......roll into the throttle instead of jabbing...this takes much practice..use your 0-60 timer to grade yourself....try to launch without any wheelspin...remember to raise the rear tire pressueres when ready to do normal driving..do not drive around with 22lbs or 45lbs...

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
Get some Drag Radials thats all you need

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the replies. I have RSAs and need to get better tires for the track. I average 2.04-2.08 60' times and my best was 1.96 when I was on some good rubber (on the track surface).

I never tried to mess with the tire pressure because I'd have to drive 10 miles from the track before I could get myself to a gas station/air compressor. Do you think lowering the rear/raising the front will make that much difference? Anyone tried back to back runs with stock and higher/lower pressures?

·
Banned
8,603 Posts
Thanks for the replies. I have RSAs and need to get better tires for the track. I average 2.04-2.08 60' times and my best was 1.96 when I was on some good rubber (on the track surface).

I never tried to mess with the tire pressure because I'd have to drive 10 miles from the track before I could get myself to a gas station/air compressor. Do you think lowering the rear/raising the front will make that much difference? Anyone tried back to back runs with stock and higher/lower pressures?
I know a SRT8 owner who turns a 12.3 (highly modded) on RSA tires...most tracks have air hoses..you might check..or get an air tank...driving 10 miles at non interestate speeds will not do any damage to the tires...and yes, raising the fronts make a difference..very little but it is an accumulative effect you are looking for..

BTW your 60' times are not that bad....you couldnt be spinning much?.it is really hard to get lower than 1.9 in these cars..has been done..but it takes lots of practice..

·
Registered
951 Posts
Tire pressure will help, although it may not be enough help with RSA's. Just get yourself a cheap 12V portable compressor.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Drag Radials

Lower the rear tires pressure to 22 lbs (for practice and the track)....

RSA's and other perf radials don't seem to work any better with lower pressure...probably the stiff side walls and the configuration of the tire...

just go with a 18" drag radial...the guys at GS Motorsports run a 18" Chrysler steel wheel that clears the rotors and the car hooks really well...:)

·
Registered
4,594 Posts
You can use the compressor without the goo? Excellent - free air!
Unless you count the cost of running the engine while using it. Um, not so free.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts