Charger Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bought my wife a 2013 rt has the 5.7 hemi and I'm looking to get 500 hp out of it. Looking into full length headers and exhaust to start with. Do I need to do anything special to remove the cats ie a computer fooler? Secondly what is needed to push 500 hp from one of these things cars. It has some pep but damn it's a dog compared to my diesel.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I am looking at the kenny bell systems for a charger just not sure if what these cars can handle before ur better off stopping. It's her car for the kids but want some power to be fun when i drive it i know it won't be like my truck but a bit more power would be nice

·
Registered
352 Posts
It could handle a supercharger but if you just want a little bit of fun when your driving it I would say diablo tune with intake and exhaust would make a nice difference

·
Banned
8,603 Posts
Supercharger is the cheapest way if you want the HP available all the time...nitrous if you want a short burst.........Just a supercharger will give you the power you want providing you are wanting 500hp at the crank. If you want 500 at the wheels you should also beef up the bottom end of the motor IMO (at least a set of drop in forged pistons).

Your other choice is a 426 stroker...

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Not looking to get into the motor nor buy a stroker motor. It's the wife's car so probably just do a exhaust and KB charger. I already have 20 grand dropped at the dealer to secure my spot when it's time to pre order the hellcat challenger. So that will be the car that goes under the knife not her 4 door sedan lol

1 - 6 of 6 Posts