Charger Forums banner

41 - 60 of 97 Posts

·
Premium Member
2017 Dodge Charger R/T
2,496 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
Does anyone know if this procedure will work with CTP16?

Thanks.
I do this with every update!

I go from 16 to 13 to do the map update!

Once the update is done, I go back up to 16!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Thanks for the replies.

Kind of unrelated: Ever since I upgraded to CTP16 (not sure what version I was on before then), no phones I have tried will no longer read or reply to texts. It says something like "this model is not compatible". Not even an iPhone, which almost all vendors trip over themselves to make compatible.
Worse, now my Droid Turbo will not connect sometimes unless I stop the car, open and close the door, and restart.

Has anyone experienced this and a downgrade helped?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Does anyone know if this procedure will work with CTP16?

Thanks.
If you are asking re: the procedure I have described then yes, I'm on CTP16 and use the procedure I provided. I am currently waiting on the next map update for Australia to confirm that I can update everything (including all auxiliary files) using the method I provided.

·
Registered
9 Posts
ctp 16

hi guys, in the past with this guide i succeffully downgrade and update the map of my UCONNECT 8.4/rb5, but now (i'm on ctp16 on board with software version 6.22) i can't downgrade because when the reflashing end appear an error message " error on flashing 0x 31a0".what's the problem?i try to change some usb stick,the dimension of the allocation unit..and more.... but nothing! someone can help me?

·
Registered
7 Posts
@fabbrori,

Is the location of the error the same all the time? If it is so, I'm afraid that you are just unlucky and the flash memory cell has died there. If I was out of warranty I'd replace the internal flash, or if it is still under warranty, I'd go to the dealer. Of course, I never saw your car, so I may be wrong in my guesses.

·
Registered
9 Posts
@fabbrori,

Is the location of the error the same all the time? If it is so, I'm afraid that you are just unlucky and the flash memory cell has died there. If I was out of warranty I'd replace the internal flash, or if it is still under warranty, I'd go to the dealer. Of course, I never saw your car, so I may be wrong in my guesses.
this is my car http://www.dodge.com/2017/journey/index.html (in italy name is fiat freemont)

isn't possible to rest the memory without change?

·
Registered
7 Posts
@fabbrori,

Most likely the dealer has a tool that could reformat the internal flash (but it highly depends on the dealer -- most of them are using Consult III that, AFAIK, cannot do that). Anyway, I'd suggest to talk to the dealer if you are still under warranty and you navigation is no longer working. If it works, then I guess tough luck -- just wait for the next official update and it would be the time to raise the issue with the dealership. At least this is my take on it.

·
Registered
29 Posts
@fabbrori,

Most likely the dealer has a tool that could reformat the internal flash (but it highly depends on the dealer -- most of them are using Consult III that, AFAIK, cannot do that). Anyway, I'd suggest to talk to the dealer if you are still under warranty and you navigation is no longer working. If it works, then I guess tough luck -- just wait for the next official update and it would be the time to raise the issue with the dealership. At least this is my take on it.
Dealers have no tools to do anything with the RE2/RB5 beyond installing the standard firmware updates and, if the client buys it, map updates.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Have you solved your problem?

this is my car ... (in italy name is fiat freemont)
isn't possible to rest the memory without change?
Hi Fabbrori, have you solved your problems? We have also problems, that navi is not going to start over "Loading" screen and we can't update or downgrade because of 0x31A0.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have a canadian RAM and when I go in Dealer mode I dont even get the "Garmin recovery update". In Engineer mode either. Can someone point me on how to downgrade from CTP16 to CTP13?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hi Guys,

should i stop downgrading if backup of userdata says: "Userdata copy failed (garmin)". Have tried it few times onto empty stick but same error. i'm on CTP14 and want to downgrade to CTP13.

Brgds,

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hi Guys,

should i stop downgrading if backup of userdata says: "Userdata copy failed (garmin)". Have tried it few times onto empty stick but same error. i'm on CTP14 and want to downgrade to CTP13.

Brgds,
I have tried the downgrade directly wihout saving userdata first and as i can see now, the downgrade was successfull. :banana: That means i do not need the userdata backup / restore. This should be only done if something gone wrong but last time i have restored userdata the garmin died ... so only for info, userdata restore only if really really needed.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I ended up downgrading to CTP13 and loading 2018.10 maps from a 2599 which has all the files apart from 3D then i reloaded CTP17 all works good except at start up i get "Cant unlock maps" i select ok and it goes away and everything seem to be ok.
Anyone have any ideas on how to get rid of error screen? Also would i have to go back to 13 if i wanted to just load up the 3d files?

·
Premium Member
2017 Dodge Charger R/T
2,496 Posts
Discussion Starter #57
I ended up downgrading to CTP13 and loading 2018.10 maps from a 2599 which has all the files apart from 3D then i reloaded CTP17 all works good except at start up i get "Cant unlock maps" i select ok and it goes away and everything seem to be ok.
Anyone have any ideas on how to get rid of error screen? Also would i have to go back to 13 if i wanted to just load up the 3d files?
If you have a 2013-2014 Charger, you will need to unlock the maps using the program listed in the original instructions. Once you get those unlocked, you can update the files again in your navigation unit!

Correct, you should be able to get the 3D files and update those as well.

I would look for a Garman Nuvi unit that support 3D maps, usually models 3000 and higher!

·
Registered
11 Posts
i did unlock the files that were in the instructions but my mistake i also loaded gmapbmap.img and did not unlock that file i believe that is my problem i will unlock it and reload and see what happens.

·
Premium Member
2017 Dodge Charger R/T
2,496 Posts
Discussion Starter #60
Can I use this CTP13 file on my 2013 german Freemont? Or is it specific to non-european models only?
In theory it "SHOULD", since it is a Dodge Journey! The Charger/300/Journey all shared the same radio!

With some countries, the file system is different, and this would not work!

I would wait and see if anyone in your country has done this with theirs and make sure it worked!

There is a possibility of bricking your system!

41 - 60 of 97 Posts