Charger Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,
Tonight after work I'm going to wash the Charger for the second time. The probelm is, the previous owner never took care of his paint. There are so many water spots, mineral buildups and more that make the paint look dull and dirty. I am worried that since it is an 06, the paint will never truly shine. I do not have the time to clay bar, but what can I do in terms of waxing and cleaning to make the car shine?

the scratches range from small scuffs to noticeable white slahes in the paint. I am thinking that I will need to get them professionally removed.

I would also like to demould my car, however I am nervous since this is an early 06 build vehicle that came from hot hot Hawaii to cold cold Maine. Who knows what is under there.

Any suggestions?

·
Registered
39 Posts
If you can't find the time to clay bar, maybe you should hire a pro detailer.

Clay bar is quick compared to washing properly and doing paint correction/scratch removal.

Check out Junkmans videos in this forum to get an idea of what it takes.

Good luck.

·
Registered
47 Posts
like XLR8 said or pay someone to do it like i did. i had someone clay then wax my car 6 months ago. i've washed it myself ever since. next time i can do it myself after watching the guy do this.

·
Premium Member
28,730 Posts
clay will only do so much... sounds like you need to checkout Junkman's video's...

·
Registered
2,716 Posts
http://www.chargerforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=106247

Just watch these vids from Junkman (especially the one about using the clay bar) - they are TOPS.
Also Junkman is very friendly and I'm sure he would not mind a PM.
You can PM me anytime. :bigthumb:

I will say this. If you can't do the job correctly, you may want to take the advice of others in this thread and pay to have it done by someone else. If your paint is in as bad shape as you have described, it would take me weeks to get it right. Keep in mind that I am pretty anal about perfection and work slow in my old age. I also tackle a car 1 foot at a time. I've done a lot of all nighters. I'm actually headed to the garage right now.

Perfecting my process is a never ending story...

·
Registered
49 Posts
Look at some of Junkman's videos. Very informative and easy to understand. If you look and take notes on some of his vids, your car is going to like nice! Junkman knows his detailing. Junkman is the MAN!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts