Charger Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
whats up everyone, so I've got a 2013 pitch black dodge charger I'm trying to black out right now..... I originally wanted to change my chrome crosshairs into gloss black crosshairs, but the body shops I spoke to said that while it could be done, the grills are made from plastic and not meant to be painted, and the paint would start chipping alot sooner than normal, like in 2-3 months.

Nevertheless, I'm NOT having chrome, so I compromised with this grill http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-MOPAR-D...307&pid=100005&prg=7473&rk=2&sd=111084294529&
its the OEM matte black grill. considering that this grill is matte black, what do you guys think would look best for my rear dodge and charger badges..... matte black or gloss black? and How would I go about doing this..... as stated previously I never really work on my car, I'd rather have it done right by a mechanic.... can the emblems be painted, or do they have to be plastidipped. I'm just afraid the matte black of the plastdip will have awkward contrast with my pitch black paint.... but maybe I'm wrong. The matte black grill looks great with the pitch black car, so why wouldn't the emblems? I looked everywhere for pictures of it, but I can't find anyone with a black charger and plastdipped rear badges.

Thanks for your opinions,
joey

·
Registered
575 Posts
Now, this isn't exactly as easy as it sounds. And it depends on how OCD you are.

But you could just get some touch up paint and hand paint them. I did this to my rear emblems to color match them. It turned out pretty good. I'm a bright silver metallic and that made things difficult. It will chip, some times while sanding. But I didn't really notice any chipping on mine when I left it alone. I did however just remove it all because I plasti dipped the back to see how I would like it. And while I was peeling the plasti dip off of the emblems I took off some of the paint as well. But, I really like how the chrome looks now. So, get some touch up paint. Clean your emblems and paint them. If it doesn't work for you, you can chip it off and have perfectly clean emblems again to try another method.

(Some sanding can be done depending again on how OCD you are, and if you get brush strokes)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts