Charger Forums banner

21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
526 Posts
Contact Jon first. He might work something out for you.

I'm trying to contact Jon. Cross fingers...

Thank you xkm. :beerchug:

·
Registered
5 Posts
I was wondering if you guys could help me out with finding a cluster for my 2010 sxt? been searching everywhere on google and havent found anything...

·
Registered
1,876 Posts
Discussion Starter #23

·
Registered
1,887 Posts
how hard would this mod be for someone whos not very tec savey?

·
Registered
1 Posts
I am bummed...I have a 2008 Dodge Charger R/T AWD and EVIC I think should have been on all R/T models. Every single R/T i've seen basically has EVIC and Steering Controls. Never really worked on cards before, but I am tech savy with computers. I'd like to attempt this, but not sure if I'll ever have the guts to chance breaking anything.

·
Registered
1,876 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
I am bummed...I have a 2008 Dodge Charger R/T AWD and EVIC I think should have been on all R/T models. Every single R/T i've seen basically has EVIC and Steering Controls. Never really worked on cards before, but I am tech savy with computers. I'd like to attempt this, but not sure if I'll ever have the guts to chance breaking anything.
These cars are basically computers on wheels. If you are good at programming and is capable of cracking Chrysler's CANBus encryption system you should have no problem.

I always wanted to venture into hacking my OWN car's TIPM and alter parameters. You can follow on this guy's work. It is definitely doable.

http://chadgibbons.com/2013/12/29/hacking-the-jeep-interior-can-bus/

·
Registered
1 Posts
After loads of hard work and a few cuts on hands, I finally got EVIC cluster working in my 08 Charger SXT with full steering wheel controls.

YES IT IS POSSIBLE AND YES IT CAN BE DONE!

Here are the stuff you will need:
1. EVIC cluster of the same year of your car, or newer. For example, 06~07 can use 06~07 cluster. 08~10 can use 08~10 cluster. Challenger clusters work perfectly in our Chargers.
2. Steering Wheel Controls. They can be found on eBay.
3. New steering wheel harness that connects the switches
4. overhead console with homelink module(for compass to work)
5. Depends on conditions, you might need a new Steering Control Module(if your car has no ESP)

You will need to find one to program your TIPM to enable the features. And you need one to match up the mileage on your cluster. After Hour Mopar Performance can do both. Jon has some amazing skills.
I want to swap out the cluster on a '08 Magnum. So i need to look for 08-10 and does that apply to the challengers clusters as well? Also how do you get the different startup graphics like the superbee?

·
Registered
1 Posts
I just bought a chrysler 300 base now I am planning swapping in a 6.4L later in the future but for now I just bought a steering wheel with airbags and wires are ready to go in, can I buy a srt8 cluster and plug every wire in and make it work only reason I say this is because my mother also bought a base 300 2.7L she doesn't know anything about cars she just bought a chrysler 300c cluster plug it in and worked like a charm really surprised me, but she has no steering wheel controls will it work if I just plug everything in?

21 - 30 of 30 Posts