Charger Forums banner
1 - 20 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I have decided to get a Dodge Charger (08) in Steel Blue. I wanted it with the R/T, Popular Option, Sunroof and MyGIG/Nav but the dealer can't locate one. They found some dealers with the car but they according to my dealer are trying to get a lot of money out of them.

They can get me a car with my options in black or red. I really love the blue color. How stuck were you on your color and if you got a different color than what you originally wanted what did it take for you to change your mind?

Thanks...

Tom

·
Registered
6,124 Posts
IMO color was very important.....b/c i envision the car completed with all the exterior mods before I purchase it, the color being different changes all of that

·
Registered
3,160 Posts
i agree with chargeron24's... i wasnt looking for a charger, i was looking for a gomango daytona charger. i actually didnt care very much about the options. kinda didnt want a sunroof, and kinda did want a nav, ended up with a sunroof, and no nav. lol i love my car though!!!:grin: (little different than your situation since i got mine used and i was also looking for low miles and low price)

·
Premium Member
3,557 Posts
yellow was a must for me as well

i would just say wait and get what you want, you may end up regretting not waiting a little longer for the car of your choice

·
Registered
24 Posts
I was stuck on the steel blue as well. I didnt care if it had nav but definetly wanted it with a sunroof and R&T package. I ended up getting a lot more car than I wanted with Nav and VES but I got the color I wanted - steel blue. BTW, my alternative was black.

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
I thought wanted black, but when I saw the Vanilla on the lot it was the most original color charger I have seen. There arent any around my area, so I was very happy with the color. Stands out

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
I didnt settle... I would rather have vanilla then black. Like I said nobody has it out here, tons of black ones

·
Registered
101 Posts
I went to dealer in search of a Charger in a specific color and with specific options. Wanted - Plumcrazy with EVIC, Nav and rear DVD Ended up with - Bright Silver no EVIC, Nav or DVD. Why? Dealer was able to locate 1 Plum in Delaware but price was $5000 more than the one I bought. I drove every Charger they had and bought the one sitting on the showroom floor. It was the closest to what I wanted, THEN! Yes, I'm one of those "doing it now" kinda guys.

You might want to try another dealer. Schaeffer and Strohminger on Philadelphia Rd is where I went. They were quite helpful and were able to find the car I wanted (just not at the price). However, they were prepared to buy it from the other dealer and go get it for me.

Couple Hints - If you are used to driving a vehicle with EVIC do not buy one without it. Also, don't buy Nav as an add on from the dealer at a cost of $2200 plus install. Aftermarket can be had with way more options at half the price.

Good luck with your purchase!

·
Registered
2,522 Posts
i say get exactly what you want! Don't believe the dealer... get on the internet and shop through the internet managers. My local dealer said they couldn't find mine with all the options I wanted. within three days I had just what I wanted 15 miles from my home and at invoice price. Couldn't be happier!

·
Registered
52 Posts
My wife wanted black, I just wanted a Charger, but they didn't have any 07's in black on the lot so we took the steel blue. We like it but we really wanted black. I still love it.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I just got off of the phone with my dealer and they can't locate one packaged my way in Maryland that isn't a demo (apparently there is one down in the DC area). I did a search online and I couldn't find any either quite honestly. They are stepping up the incentive another 1K so right now the deal is if I get a red or black I would get 1% below invoice, 1500 dollar rebate and another 1500 from the dealer. I am apparently the last person they need to buy a Charger so they can get additional hold back money from Chrysler.

I dunno...I feel like a kid...

·
Registered
3,160 Posts
DONT DO IT!!! if you settle for something less than what you want you will regret it and its not worth it! just order it the way you want!

·
Registered
471 Posts
I wasn't set on a color when I went shopping. I had my choice between a couple of torreds, a go mango, a cool vanilla w/r/t and a bunch of other various choices. My first choice out of all of them would have been the Go mango, except it didn't have a sunroof or nav. I drove several and went with the Silver steel for 3 reasons. It had all the options, I live off of gravel roads in my unincorporated subdivision and silver stays looking clean longer, and last but not least, of all the cars and colors I drove, she felt the strongest. So I say even if you are set on another color, drive the others. You may like the "vibe" another car gives you when you drive it. What if you got your color shipped in from another dealer, and for whatever reason, you don't like it? Just give the others a shot is all I am saying. Doesn't hurt to test drive. And don't be afraid to get on it.....after all, you are about to spend a boat load of cash. They(dealerships) are at your mercy.

·
Premium Member
2,572 Posts
I was shooting for a SuperBee, but the boys at the dealership told me they weren't getting any in order to make a quick sale... My second choice was Inferno Red.... although it was a toss up between that and Silver... I had just owned a silver car though, and luckily for me, all of the SRT's were all equipped the same. Heck, I could have even got the options I wanted in a black SRT that they had on the lot... good week to buy mine I guess. :D

·
Registered
158 Posts
If you're getting a brand new one, why don't you just order it?

·
Registered
4,625 Posts
Very stuck. My dealer knew not to try to talk me into one he had on the lot as he knew that my mind was made up. I have purchased several vehicles from him and he knows that I probably know as much about the car as he does, possibly more. The only other option would have been the Plum Crazy, but you could only get it as a Daytona at the time and I did not want the flat black throw back stickers that come on it. I much prefer all glossy paint. But to each his own.

1 - 20 of 65 Posts