Charger Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Super Moderator
11,618 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, so I took the day off work yesterday and painstakingly cleaned my Charger. It looked beautiful. But today I wake up and there's a visible film of fine dust covering the whole car. This happens everytime I wash it, especially if it's windy (which it was yesterday and last night). UGH! :( I don't want to get out the bucket and hose and all that crap again, but I want to get that dust off.

How do I do it without getting scratches and swirls in the paint? Wet cloth? Dry cloth? Leaf blower? (j/k)

Help!

-=FLEX=-

PS: Before someone says "Keep it in the garage"...that's not an option. My single-car garage is piled to the roof with 'stuff'.

·
Registered
4,228 Posts
OK, so I took the day off work yesterday and painstakingly cleaned my Charger. It looked beautiful. But today I wake up and there's a visible film of fine dust covering the whole car. This happens everytime I wash it, especially if it's windy (which it was yesterday and last night). UGH! :( I don't want to get out the bucket and hose and all that crap again, but I want to get that dust off.

How do I do it without getting scratches and swirls in the paint? Wet cloth? Dry cloth? Leaf blower? (j/k)

Help!

-=FLEX=-

PS: Before someone says "Keep it in the garage"...that's not an option. My single-car garage is piled to the roof with 'stuff'.

Throw the "stuff" outside and put the car in. Afterall, the "stuff" is probably worth less than the car. :lol:

Seriously though, I use a California duster on my Charger. I have never had a problem with it. Just use it lightly over your car, do not scrub with it. :)

·
Registered
1,345 Posts
Throw the "stuff" outside and put the car in. Afterall, the "stuff" is probably worth less than the car. :lol:

Seriously though, I use a California duster on my Charger. I have never had a problem with it. Just use it lightly over your car, do not scrub with it. :)
Lol, I knew that was coming. I second the California Duster.
-J

·
Super Moderator
11,618 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Premium Member
1,942 Posts
X3 for the California Duster. I love that I can throw the head in the washer.

Go here to see a California Duster. You can get them at Wal-Mart, Target, or any auto parts store. I can't remember how much, but I'm pretty sure it was under $20.

·
Registered
1,345 Posts
What's a california duster???
It's basically a mop for your car. It's exceptionally good at attracting dust etc. You use it dry and once it gets dirty enough as yldthng said you just throw it in the wash. Plus it's small so you can leave it in your trunk. It works excellent for exactly what you described.
-J

·
Super Moderator
11,618 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It's basically a mop for your car. It's exceptionally good at attracting dust etc. You use it dry and once it gets dirty enough as yldthng said you just throw it in the wash. Plus it's small so you can leave it in your trunk. It works excellent for exactly what you described.
-J
OK, I'll check out my local Wally Mart to see if they sell them up here.

Thanks everyone. You know the Black Chargers are a PITA to keep clean! And there's no excuse for a dirty Charger!

-=FLEX=-

·
Premium Member
1,942 Posts
Thanks everyone. You know the Black Chargers are a PITA to keep clean! And there's no excuse for a dirty Charger!

-=FLEX=-
That's the price you pay for being allowed to think you have the fastest color!

And you're right--there is simply no excuse for a dirty Charger. Heck, I'm getting ready to go jump in the shower now 'cause I just finished cleaning my baby up. I very rarely let more than 1 day go by in between cleanings. You can't be cute in a dirty arse car. And if you ride around in a dirty Charger (like a lot of people around here), you need to have your Charger card pulled.

·
Registered
1,345 Posts
And if you ride around in a dirty Charger (like a lot of people around here), you need to have your Charger card pulled.
Oh ohh they're comin for me then..:ninja:

·
Registered
831 Posts
sometimes i use the ice spray detailer and a terry cloth between washes. it makes the paint shine more than using the duster.

·
Registered
376 Posts

Its funny that you mention a leaf blower. Next time you wash your Charger, after you are done drying it off...get that high powered leaf blower out and blow the car off... NO JOKE, all those little pockets of water that sit in various spots on the vehicle that end up running all over and spotting your paint up will be blown out and then you can go over the car again and it will be as dry as its gonna get. No water spots. Works like a dream. (Your neighbors will think your insane for blowing your car with a leaf blower, but trust me it works wonders!) :grin:

·
Premium Member
8,140 Posts
Its funny that you mention a leaf blower. Next time you wash your Charger, after you are done drying it off...get that high powered leaf blower out and blow the car off... NO JOKE, all those little pockets of water that sit in various spots on the vehicle that end up running all over and spotting your paint up will be blown out and then you can go over the car again and it will be as dry as its gonna get. No water spots. Works like a dream. (Your neighbors will think your insane for blowing your car with a leaf blower, but trust me it works wonders!) :grin:
I am glad to see I am not the only crazy one that does that

·
Registered
10,665 Posts
The only thing besides avacadoes that should be allowed to be let out of california is the California car duster. Everything else should be locked up in the state and put to the./........ wait I'm just ranting. lol
California Chargers should be allowed to flee as well. :)

·
Registered
2,139 Posts
California duster + meguairs quik detailer FTW!

BTW dont use a leaf blower they are to big and clumsy. Get an air compressor and get a "blower" (cant think of the proper name) attachment and you wont run the risk of havin the leaf blower slide down your door or fender.

·
Premium Member
678 Posts
Some zanio detail spray and a good cotton towel. Or if a lot of dust wash it and detail spray after. I was surprised with the zaino I get a lot less dust on the car

·
Registered
303 Posts
Funny, wifey and I are going out tonight, and the first thing I do before we go is dust my car off. She sits and patiently waits for me to do so. So I agree. Get a california duster. I have the big head. (insert joke here) Its about a foot and a half long. They do have a smaller version though. Then sometimes after a dusting, I will hit my car up with the Turtle Wax Ice Detailer Spray. Finally, buff her up ( my car ) with a microfiber, and hit the road. Oh yea...If you have a garage, clean it out, and park you car in there please.
S.D.

·
Super Moderator
11,618 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
That's funny. I don't even own a leaf blower. But I do happen to have a WATER SOFTENER installed in my home, so I don't get water spots anyway. :)

1 - 20 of 31 Posts