Charger Forums banner

41 - 53 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
234 Posts
Well, even after reading this, I still managed to break the black clip!

·
Registered
107 Posts
For anyone having trouble putting the sensor into new intake, I broke my one sensor trying to force it into new intake. Luckily I bought an extra just in case. I used a hair drying to warm up the rubber grommet, and the sensor just popped right in. I wish I wasn't so damn inpatient.

·
Registered
822 Posts
Ok so I just installed a Mopar CAI in my 2013 RT. And with almost no force at all when trying to get the sensor out of the stock tube, that little black clip that stopped it at the 1/4 turn snapped off. I mean I barely touched it and it broke. Sensor came out at that point no issues at all.

Installed the Mopar unit putting the sensor in the new tube and put it all together. Are you all saying that the little block tab that cracked off is needed? I can't see how or why on the mopar unit. I don't understand why I would need a new one or tape? Seems totally secure

·
Registered
9 Posts
Thanks to some excellent instruction I found for removing the front cover I missed doing that, but only just!

I feel for you man.

·
Registered
654 Posts
Installed a LMI Frankentake IV this weekend, had this thread and other install threads pulled up on my iPad next to my engine and STILL broke the damn black tab. Whatever, the IAT pulled out no problem but the surrounding plastic did not, but it still fit the new tube fine so I'll roll with it as is.

·
Registered
4,612 Posts
I learned from my mistake on my '07. I ended up using a black twist tie to hold the connector in place. I just turned the sensor so that was on the bottom and wasn't seen. Fortunately, I was able to get my CAI installed on my '14 with no issue and no breakage.

·
Registered
12 Posts
does it matter what the position of the sensor is when seated in the tube? I see some arrow like markings and read in the Haynes manual that it can effect the performance. Also what is this catch can that I keep reading about and the CAI?

·
Registered
635 Posts
Every plug these days has a locking tab on a plug to avoid accidental unhooking.

I squeeze the tab or I open the tab with a tiny flat blade screwdriver
and one or the other action will allow me to unplug every plug with a locking tab.

For a shorter screwdriver, saw off the handle until it's short enough.

41 - 53 of 53 Posts