Charger Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
866 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How much did anyone with an '08 pay for their aftermarket remote start install?

I looked into it last year (in Maryland) and a shop told me like $500 just for the install . I checked with a shop today (in Arizona) and the guy told me it would be a PITA to do and that it would run me about $900 for parts and labor. I'm sayin' hell-to-the-no if it costs that much.

·
Registered
866 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
At the shop that I went to today the guy also had Kenwood stuff for sale since he's an authorized dealer, so I asked him if he had the Bluetooth component for my radio. He said that he had it for $150, but I can buy it new off of eBay for $50. :slap:

I'm pretty sure that that guy's prices are just high :weed: , but I just want to know what kind of price range I should be looking at or if I should just buy an OEM remote start (which won't come with an alarm).

·
Registered
866 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Anybody????

·
Registered
866 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That's a lot closer to what I thought it should be. Thanks!

·
Registered
866 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
LOL. Very true.

I'm just trying to figure out whether or not it's "cost effective" to get remote start.

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
I paid $175.00 for the factory kit which I installed myself and I paid my Dodge tech $50.00 on the side to program the remotes.:rocker:

·
Registered
866 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I paid $175.00 for the factory kit which I installed myself and I paid my Dodge tech $50.00 on the side to program the remotes.:rocker:
How hard was it to do, and think you'd wanna help me (teach me to) install mine if I drove up to Phoenix in a few weekends? I'd obviously be coming with beer. :D

***I'll be in Sierra Vista until the 14th of August.

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
How hard was it to do, and think you'd wanna help me (teach me to) install mine if I drove up to Phoenix in a few weekends? I'd obviously be coming with beer. :D

***I'll be in Sierra Vista until the 14th of August.
I can hook you up with the Dodge Tech in El Paso and save you a 7 hour drive....he'll charge you about $100.00 for the instal & flash for the remotes. Let me know!

·
Registered
259 Posts
Just for comparison purposes, I installed a factory/ OEM Mopar system in my mother-in-law's 2008 Caliber and the parts were around $250. It would have taken me and my buddy (a 5 star tech) only about 2 hours start to finish if the wiring directions/ diagram included wasn't completely wrong in a couple places.

Oh yeah, the dealership my buddy works at was running a "special" where they would have done it for over $500 (including parts). What a great deal.

·
Registered
866 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I can hook you up with the Dodge Tech in El Paso and save you a 7 hour drive....he'll charge you about $100.00 for the instal & flash for the remotes. Let me know!
I can do that too, but Phoenix is only about 3 hours from here (Sierra Vista). :D El Paso is about 5 hours from where I live in San Angelo, TX but I guess I can go that route if I can't get up with you or it done while I'm in while I'm in Arizona. $100 is still a lot cheaper than I got quoted at my local dealership in San Angelo to install a factory remote start.

·
Registered
866 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Just for comparison purposes, I installed a factory/ OEM Mopar system in my mother-in-law's 2008 Caliber and the parts were around $250. It would have taken me and my buddy (a 5 star tech) only about 2 hours start to finish if the wiring directions/ diagram included wasn't completely wrong in a couple places.

Oh yeah, the dealership my buddy works at was running a "special" where they would have done it for over $500 (including parts). What a great deal.
Wow. I'm all for paying for things that I can't readily do myself (w/o messing something up), but I'm not really cool w/taking a $500 arse raping.

·
Registered
866 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

·
Registered
343 Posts
RD Audio does all my alarm installs, They did mine for 450 bucks. Auto start, tilt sensor, window sensor, trunk and hood sensors, 2 led remotes that alerts you if your alarm goes off and you cant hear it, etc. Alot of other features also. Timers, I can set my car to start and stop at the same time everyday automatically, good for winter mornings. I can also leave my car running and lock it without the key, good for when I dont want to take the kids in the store. And if someone does happen to get in it, when they hit the brake to move the shifter the car dies, also a good safety feature for kids. I love my alarm. I get the same one on every car I've had and I can control my wifes car with my remotes and vice versa.

·
Registered
866 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
RD Audio does all my alarm installs, They did mine for 450 bucks. Auto start, tilt sensor, window sensor, trunk and hood sensors, 2 led remotes that alerts you if your alarm goes off and you cant hear it, etc. Alot of other features also. Timers, I can set my car to start and stop at the same time everyday automatically, good for winter mornings. I can also leave my car running and lock it without the key, good for when I dont want to take the kids in the store. And if someone does happen to get in it, when they hit the brake to move the shifter the car dies, also a good safety feature for kids. I love my alarm. I get the same one on every car I've had and I can control my wifes car with my remotes and vice versa.
I have an '08 though, and it's harder to install remote start on an '08 (from what I've been told), which means that it would probably cost more than that.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts