Charger Forums banner
1 - 20 of 73 Posts

·
Registered
530 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Well Know I add NEW parts to my car .I want know how much total HP I have . STOCK Car 250 HP .

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qr-PBVSUKGM

(1) Mopar (Borla) Dual Cat Back Exhaust (HP)????
(2) CAI K&N (HP) ????
(3) JET STANGE 2 (HP) ????
(4) JBA Short Headers (HP) ???

How much HP I have Know ?????:smoke:

·
Premium Member
28,730 Posts
how much power increase did you notice with the headers... i've read catback & cai is good for 10 but could be more...

·
Registered
530 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
how much power increase did you notice with the headers... i've read catback & cai is good for 10 but could be more...
Well do you thank my car 265 HP ??

·
Registered
530 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
i would say that with all yours mods...yeah, you may even have 20hp more but i've read the jet chip can rob some hp
So, do you Suggestion remove JET Chip to have moor power ???

·
Premium Member
28,730 Posts
i would do a search on the forums here for different mods you have and you should be able to figure out where your car stands horsepower wise to a degree. i've read that the jet chips are junk... look it up on the forums here. it all depends on what type of premium gas you use to when it comes to some of the chips and your thermostat also... i myself am not going to mess with my thermostat.:lol:

·
Premium Member
28,730 Posts
from what i've read on the forums here and all the car magazines i read... i would say no...maybe 3-5 hp depending on your mods. for instance...the daytona r/t has 10 extra hp than my standard r/t and what pretty much gives it the extra hp is a bigger tube with enlarged hole for the airbox and a more free flowing exhaust

·
Registered
3,160 Posts
the only way to know is to go dyno your car. anything on here is going to be a guess.

my guess would be that you've gained around 20 hp.

·
Registered
530 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
the only way to know is to go dyno your car. anything on here is going to be a guess.

my guess would be that you've gained around 20 hp.
I will be happy if my car Have 270 HP .:cool:

·
Registered
642 Posts
I will be happy if my car Have 270 HP .:cool:
Like he said, you spent that much spend 50-100$more and get 3 pulls at reputable dyno shop and report back anything else is speculation

·
Registered
358 Posts
lets say real world hp increase with your mods. Still not enough to start your engine, thank god our starters have more hp than a honda with a silver fire extinguisher on the a-pillar. Just playing. real world usable and more importantly hp and tq you can feel. say 115 hp with a possable tq curve increase at say nominal 10 pounds. hope i'm wrong and you get more. Dyno her and see. do you have a base line dyno?

·
Registered
17 Posts
My GOD ...
Ur car at the fly wheel produces 250HP at the RWHP is lower than that by Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay much then what u do is try to regain that lost hp .. GOD bless the Dyno Jets ..

how much do stock 3.5 LX perform on a dyno ??

·
Registered
3,374 Posts
Yeah, at the flywheel it is 250 HP when you are talking RWHP, that is totally different. Hopefully it will give you about 20 HP. As for K&N I'm sure they do a bunch of dyno pulls, take the worst of the before and the best of the after, honestly it is about 5-6HP. Check out the chart below to get a decent idea but without dyno'ing it yourself it is just a guess. Then go to performance information, it has some dyno pulls with people with saimilar mods.

http://www.hr-mopar.info/

·
Registered
425 Posts
Ok, yes the car comes with 250hp to the crank. But to the wheels, stock, you probably put out about 170-180 something HP. every car, believe it or not is different. Ok, as for the K&N, don't believe what they tell you. Not one member that I know of has dyno'd it themselves and posted before & after sheets. I also think I heard one time that someone contacted them and asked if these numbers were true. The K&N rep I believe said it would be true after a tune. For an intake, I suggest the Airhammer HO which gives about 10-11 rwhp and Tq. I dyno tested the prototype myself.

As for the Jet Chip, I dyno'd it myself and got a couple of HP increase from it. I don't know where you people heard that it robs power. If anything, it's intakes that rob power from our cars.

In reality, with all those mods, you might only have about 10 more hp at the most. so that would put you anywhere from the 180's to maybe low 190's.

Edit:
Let me correct myself, maybe a little more since I forgot you had the headers. But as everyone else has said, go to a dyno and see for yourself. Please use a dynojet. I've seen people use a Mustang Dyno and get like 220 whp with the same mods I have lol.

·
Registered
934 Posts
Well Know I add NEW parts to my car .I want know how much total HP I have . STOCK Car 250 HP .
(1) Mopar (Borla) Dual Cat Back Exhaust (HP)????
(2) CAI K&N (HP) ????
(3) JET STANGE 2 (HP) ????
(4) JBA Short Headers (HP) ???

How much HP I have Know ?????:smoke:

I have close to your mod's except I have JBA full system and flashpaq..oh and 180 thermo. My first dyno was 281 rwhp, after mods it was 332 rwhp...same Mustang dyno.

·
Registered
530 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Ok, yes the car comes with 250hp to the crank. But to the wheels, stock, you probably put out about 170-180 something HP. every car, believe it or not is different. Ok, as for the K&N, don't believe what they tell you. Not one member that I know of has dyno'd it themselves and posted before & after sheets. I also think I heard one time that someone contacted them and asked if these numbers were true. The K&N rep I believe said it would be true after a tune. For an intake, I suggest the Airhammer HO which gives about 10-11 rwhp and Tq. I dyno tested the prototype myself.

As for the Jet Chip, I dyno'd it myself and got a couple of HP increase from it. I don't know where you people heard that it robs power. If anything, it's intakes that rob power from our cars.

In reality, with all those mods, you might only have about 10 more hp at the most. so that would put you anywhere from the 180's to maybe low 190's.

Edit:
Let me correct myself, maybe a little more since I forgot you had the headers. But as everyone else has said, go to a dyno and see for yourself. Please use a dynojet. I've seen people use a Mustang Dyno and get like 220 whp with the same mods I have lol.
So Do You Thank my car 270 Hp ???

·
Registered
530 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I have close to your mod's except I have JBA full system and flashpaq..oh and 180 thermo. My first dyno was 281 rwhp, after mods it was 332 rwhp...same Mustang dyno.
How much B&G Performance HP give ??

1 - 20 of 73 Posts