Charger Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
371 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How much do you think I will spend on a 5.7, roundtrip from the SF Bay to Anaheim?

·
Premium Member
11,698 Posts
How much will your mothers cousin make next year? There are way too many variables to even begin to accurately answer that question, how fast do you drive, how well do you drive, what is the traffic going to be like, etc etc etc!

having said that, maps.google.com says it's 450ish miles. figure a pretty normal 20 mpg, at $3.00 per gallon, rounding up to $75 each way.

450 divided by 20 mpg = 22.5 gallons
22.5 gal x $3.00/gal = $67.50 approx = $75

Is she cute? Better be for $150 in gas + wear and tear on the car :)

·
Premium Member
5,973 Posts
That's not too bad a drive. You can easily get 350 miles to a tank at 70 with cruse on. I made it from my house to la on 1 tank. I made tge 300 mile round trip to monteray bay last month ant still had 1/4 tank too. On long trips cruse controll is your best friend.

·
Registered
7,627 Posts
^^^^ x2. Way too many variables, but Part Duex's guesstimate isn't far off. I've gotten 25 mpg on a trip where I kept it around 65 mph with A/C off, so you can subtract 25% off of PD's guesstimate if you can do that.

·
Registered
4,467 Posts
When I went up in January for the BAMM Meet (coming from 1 city north of Anaheim), I took the 101 and PCH all the way up and I used about 1.75 tanks of gas each way. If you took the 5 the whole way it would be less.

·
Registered
133 Posts
It took 3/4 of a tank to get from orange ca to gilroy, if you take the 5 freeway. I have a 5.7L. I crusied at 80. It was under $100.

·
Premium Member
7,632 Posts
^^^^ x2. Way too many variables, but Part Duex's guesstimate isn't far off. I've gotten 25 mpg on a trip where I kept it around 65 mph with A/C off, so you can subtract 25% off of PD's guesstimate if you can do that.
You can drive with the A/C off in July in Fresno? Wow. :bowdown:

I need the A/C on nearly all year round and I'm near the coast.

·
Registered
1,655 Posts
Google the distance and divide by 20 to get your gallons needed for the trip, then X the gallons by current fuel cost and you have your figure.
I drove 1300 miles up north & back and got 20.3 mpg with 4 adults doing 70-75 mph & A/C on.

·
Registered
371 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks Guys... I'm heading to Anaheim to visit the parks.. so wish me luck..

·
Registered
371 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
When I went up in January for the BAMM Meet (coming from 1 city north of Anaheim), I took the 101 and PCH all the way up and I used about 1.75 tanks of gas each way. If you took the 5 the whole way it would be less.
How much did you end up spending?

·
Registered
4,467 Posts
How much did you end up spending?
I can't remember, but I want to say it was definitely less than $180. I had an expensive fill up in Big Sur because the prices there were much higher than anything else. I did spend more than that total though, probably another 3/4 tank, because I did a lot of driving around when I got there too.

·
Registered
114 Posts
According to Google maps - Milpitas to Anaheim is 370 miles. That's about what I usually get out of a tank on a road trip (all highway). So figure a tank each way. Take into account that you might have to do some driving around town - let's say another half tank for that.

At current gas prices, you're looking at about $140-150.

·
Registered
371 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks guys.. I leave tomorrow at 6am.. so if you see an Inferno R/T with 22" wheels and a carbon fiber hood.. just honk!!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts